This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you love easy desserts as much as we do, you’re going to love these Oreo Dirt Cups! These delicious dirt cups are a fun no-bake dessert recipe the entire family will love. Made with just 5 simple ingredients in less than 10 minutes, they are the perfect dessert for any occasion!
I’m sure we can all agree that easy desserts are the best especially when they are no-bake recipes. That’s what makes these Oreo Dirt Cups so awesome! These easy pudding treats take less than 10 minutes to make and they’re easy enough that the kids can join in on the fun. They can help mix the ingredients together and they’ll love adding the “dirt” and gummy worms to each cup. And, I’m pretty sure they’ll have even more fun when it’s time to grab and spoon and dig in to these delicious dirt cups.
What’s in a Dirt Cup?
The best thing about these Oreo Dirt Cups is that they require simple ingredients. Dirt cups start with chocolate pudding made with milk and pudding mix and whipped topping. We always use thawed Cool Whip when making Oreo Dirt Cups. Then each dirt cup is topped with crushed Oreos and gummy worms.
How to Make Oreo Dirt Cups
Now that you’re suddenly craving dirt, let’s make these adorable dessert cups!
Add the cold milk to a medium bowl and sprinkle pudding over top, Whisk until well combined. Place in refrigerator until set. This usually only takes about 5 minutes.
Once the pudding has set, fold in whipped topping until well combined and add to glasses or cups. Place back in refrigerator to chill
Crush cookies in food processor or resealable plastic bag until fine and sprinkle on top of pudding cups. Decorate dirt cups with gummy worms and chill until ready to serve.
Why We Love to Make Oreo Dirt Cups
- We love this easy dessert for so many reasons! First, there is no baking required which is always a win when it comes to preparing easy desserts. This also means that it’s a great recipe for kids. They can do most of the prep work and they’ll have fun assembling each cup.
- You only need 5 ingredients to make this recipe and they’re simple ingredients that you can find at any grocery store.
- These dirt cups only take 10 minutes to make. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Oreo dirt cups be made ahead of time?
The great thing about this dessert is that it can definitely be made ahead of time. I would wait to add crushed oreos until a few hours before serving so they don’t get soggy but the pudding can be made up to 3 days before serving as long as they are refrigerated until ready to serve.
Can I use homemade whipped cream?
You can use homemade whipped cream instead of cool whip but I would recommend serving within 24 hours if using homemade whipped cream.
Do I have to add gummy worms?
Gummy worms are fun to use since this dessert is called dirt but you do not need to add them. The gummy worms can easily be replaced with Teddy Grams, M&M’s, or your favorite candy. You can even leave this extra ingredient out and just enjoy plain dirt cups. They will still taste delicious.
What other fun ways can I make pudding dessert cups?
Switch this recipe up a little and use vanilla pudding and Golden Oreos to make sand dessert cups. Add gummy bears instead of gummy worms for a fun summer dessert that everyone will love!
More Easy Dessert RecipesPrint
Oreo Dirt Cups
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 (9 oz cups) 1x
- 3.4 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
- 10–12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Gummy worms
- In a medium bowl, add cold milk and sprinkle pudding over top. Whisk until well combined
- Place in refrigerator about 5 minutes or until set
- Fold in whipped topping until well combined
- Add to glasses or cups
- Place in refrigerator 20 minutes to chill
- Crush cookies in food processor or resealable plastic bag until fine and sprinkle on top of pudding cups.
- Add gummy worms to top of each cup.
- Chill until ready to serve.
These fun dessert cups only