This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is easy, creamy, and full of flavor plus it’s loaded with chicken, potatoes, and veggies. This delicious soup has everything you’ll find in a classic chicken pot pie but we’re making it in the slow cooker so it’s quick and easy to prep.
If you love easy slow cooker recipes and chicken pot pie, you’re going to love this Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie recipe! Another delicious recipe where the slow cooker does all the work and I don’t have spend hours cooking dinner after a busy day.
What is Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
A traditional chicken pot pie is a savory pie filled with a creamy chicken and vegetables filling. Chicken pot pie soup creates the same creamy filling found in a traditional pot pie but instead of cooking it in a pie crust, we’re making it in the slow cooker and serving it with biscuits.
This creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup is the ultimate comfort food! There are so many reasons why this easy dinner has become a family favorite recipe. Not only it is the perfect recipe to make on busy weeknights but I also like to make it on Sundays so we have leftovers for lunches throughout the week.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipe
- Simple ingredients – This delicious soup recipe calls for easy to find ingredients.
- Easy to prepare -You can prepare this delicious soup in less than 10 minutes!
- Dump and Cook – Quickly add all ingredients to your crock pot and let it do all the work. Very little prep work is needed to make this easy pot pie soup.
- Amazing taste – Rich, creamy, and loaded with veggies, potatoes, and chicken. All the same flavors of traditional chicken pot pie in a delicious soup.
- Family favorite – This is a great recipe the entire family will love!
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
- Chicken – I always use boneless skinless chicken breasts but can also use boneless chicken thighs.
- Onion – one yellow onion, diced.
- Potatoes – peeled and diced
- Chicken broth – use your favorite brand. Can also use chicken stock.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – can use fat free, organic or homemade.
- Milk – helps create the creamy sauce in this soup. Can also use heavy cream.
- Seasonings – garlic powder, poultry seasoning, sage, marjoram, dried thyme, salt and paper adds lots of flavor to the soup.
- Frozen mixed vegetables – can use fresh veggies but using frozen makes this soup quick and easy to prepare.
- Biscuits – for serving.
- Fresh herbs – to garnish soup before serving. (optional)
How to Make This Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Prep – Place chicken, diced onion, and potatoes in slow cooker.
Combine – Combine chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, milk and seasonings in small bowl. Mix and pour over chicken.
Cook – Cook on low heat for 5 hours or high heat for 3 hours. Shred chicken and add frozen vegetables. Stir to combine shredded chicken and vegetables. Cook for an additional hour or until vegetables are cooked.
Serve – Serve with biscuits on the side or add biscuits to bowl and pour soup over biscuits. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which vegetables should I use?
I like to use mixed frozen vegetables. I prefer the bagged frozen vegetables that includes green beans, carrots, peas, and corn but any veggie combination will work.
Can I use leftover chicken, cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken?
You definitely use cooked chicken when making this crockpot chicken pot pie soup. I would recommend waiting to add the chicken until you add the vegetables so it isn’t over cooked.
What’s the best way to store leftovers?
Store leftovers in airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days or freeze leftover soup in freezer bags up to three months.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can cook it in the slow cooker and refrigerate. You can also prepare all the ingredients and refrigerate overnight before adding to slow cooker if you don’t have time to prepare the recipe in the morning. Just remember not to add the frozen vegetables until the end.
Can I freeze this chicken pot pie soup recipe?
YES! This soup can absolutely be made ahead of time and frozen for a quick and easy make-ahead freezer meal. To defrost, place in refrigerator the night before serving and heat on stove or in microwave before serving. You can also add ingredients to a freezer bag (don’t add the frozen vegetables) and freeze ingredients for a quick and easy crockpot dump meal.
What else can I serve with Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
I always serve this soup with homemade biscuits but if you’re really craving the buttery crust found in a classic pot pie, you can make crackers with pie crust dough.
Looking for More Delicious Soup Recipes?
More Busy Weeknight Dinners
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2-3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 ounce can)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounce bag of frozen veggies
- 2 cans Grands flaky biscuits (served on the side)
- parsley (for garnish)
- Place chicken, diced onion, and potatoes in slow cooker.
- Combine chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, milk and seasonings in small bowl. Mix and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken and add frozen vegetables. Cook for an additional hour or until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve with biscuits on the side or add biscuits to bowl and pour soup over biscuits. Garnish with fresh parsley.