Hi, I’m Kara and I’m so happy you stopped by today.
I started Kara Creates in 2009 to help pass the time while my hubby was deployed. I really had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted to share my creations with others and inspire people to create fun things. Who knew I would learn so much and make such great friends?!
A Little About Me:
- I taught 6th grade English for 15 years before deciding to stay home with my two adorable sons.
- My husband and I both grew up in Maryland and now live in Virginia Beach.
- My husband and I have known each other since high school but didn’t start dating until college.
- I’m a perfectionist.
- I’m also a huge procrastinator.
- I love staying up late. I seem to be the most productive after 9 p.m.
- A perfect afternoon for me is getting a Starbucks and shopping at Target, Home Depot and Michaels (since they are all in the same shopping center, I just can’t resist).
- I love the beach but not during the day. Our favorite time to go to the beach is just before sunset when there is nobody around. It’s our favorite thing to do as a family.
- I’m happiest when I’m with my family and when I’m creating things!
My goal with Kara Creates is to show my readers that if I can do it, you can do it! I try and share projects and recipes that don’t require a lot of supplies and ingredients. I love teaching and realize that my blog is an extension to that. I hope that my tutorials are easy to follow and will encourage everyone to create something they love. You’ll find crafts, DIY projects, jewelry tutorials, printables, recipes and so much more here on Kara Creates.
I hope you’ll stick around a while!
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Want to keep up on all the latest projects and freebies? You should definitely sign up for our newsletter and get our posts delivered straight to your inbox once a week. Sign up below!