This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This easy cheesy bean dip only requires six ingredients and is the perfect recipe for parties, family gatherings, game day, and more! Beans, cheese, taco seasoning and other simple ingredients are combined to create a delicious appetizer everyone will love.
Cheesy Bean Dip
It isn’t a party without a delicious dip and this cheesy bean dip is definitely a favorite. This bean dip is loaded with beans, sour cream, and loads of cheese – what’s not to love about that – and it’s so easy to make! Just mix and bake. If you love bean dip, you’re going to love this easy cheesy recipe.
How to Make this Easy Cheesy Bean Dip
First, gather your ingredients. You just need 6 simple ingredients:
- cream cheese
- refried beans
- taco seasoning
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese
To make this delicious dip, add cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sour cream and beat until well combined. Stir in refried beans, 2 cups cheese, taco seasoning and garlic until smooth. Spread into baking dish and bake until golden brown and bubbly. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice and tortilla chips
Tips for Making and Serving This Easy Dip Recipe
Can this be made in the slow cooker? Yes it can! Just dump everything in the slow cooker and stir every 30 minutes. How easy is that?
What are some topping ideas? Sometimes it’s nice to serve this dip with some toppings to make it more flavorful. Some of our favorite toppings include jalapenos, onions, cilantro, green onions, black olives, tomatoes, pico de gallo, and salsa.
What can I serve with bean dip? We like to serve this dip with tortilla chips. You can also serve it with vegetables, Fritos, and/or pita chips.
How can I spice up this recipe? This is an easy recipe to spice up.
- Add chopped jalapenos
- Use spicy taco mix
- Add hot salsa
- Add hot Italian sausage
- Add 1 or 2 cups of Pepper Jack cheese
Can this dip be made ahead of time? Yes, this is a great make-ahead dip. Just prepare the dip but wait to bake it. Cover with foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove foil and bake.
Want more easy dip recipesPrint
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans or 2 cups homemade refried beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips
- Toppings ideas: jalapeno, cilantro, tomatoes, pico de gallo, salsa, black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Stir in refried beans, 2 cups cheese, taco seasoning and garlic until smooth.
- Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and add additional cheese.
- Return to oven and heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice and tortilla chips.