This quick and easy dinner is perfect for busy week nights. It only takes a couple steps with simple ingredients to make this easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake. A one dish meal the entire family will love!
There are 3 things I look for in a recipe – simple ingredients, little prep work, and something the entire family will eat. Guess what my friends? This is one of those recipes! This Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake is a family favorite that’s super easy to make. You just add the ingredients to a baking dish and pop it in the oven. Definitely a great recipe for busy week nights.
The best thing about this recipe is that everything can be mixed together and cooked in the same baking dish. No mixing bowls to clean. Just grab a baking dish, a spoon, and the ingredients – that’s it.
Quick and Easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
I call these kinds of dinners dump and bake recipes because you just have to dump everything in a baking dish and place it in the oven which is my favorite way to cook dinner. I’ll be honest, if a recipe requires a lot of prep work, I’m probably not going to make it – especially during the week when we have a lot going on. That’s what makes this recipe so good.
This recipe is the perfect dinner when you need something that is quick and easy to prepare. All you need for this easy dinner recipe is a few simple ingredients:
- Chicken – I used 4 small chicken breasts but you can also use 3 large chicken breasts
- Frozen Vegetables – I always buy the bag of frozen mixed veggies when making this recipe but feel free to use your favorite frozen vegetables.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – Homemade or canned. I always use 98% Fat Free or the gluten free organic version and it tastes just as good.
- Chicken Broth or Water – This is needed to cook the rice. I’ve made it with both and I can honestly say both ways are delicious.
- Instant Rice – This recipe requires instant rice. If you only have regular rice, you will need to adjust cooking time.
- Seasonings – onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper adds flavor to this easy dinner.
- Cheese – Every delicious casserole calls for cheese!
How to Make This Easy Chicken and Rice Bake
Now, it’s time to make this easy recipe. Just add soup, water, rice, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and poultry seasoning to baking dish. Stir until well combined. Sprinkle in vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on rice mixture and season chicken with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in oven until chicken is done and the rice is tender. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes so cheese melts and dinner is ready. A very simple dinner!
Looking for more easy weeknight meals?Print
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
This quick and easy recipe for Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake is perfect for busy week nights. An easy recipe the entire family will love!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth or water
- 3/4 cup instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables (a little over 2 cups of carrots, corn, green beans, peas)
- 3 large or 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375° and spray 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add soup, broth, rice, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and poultry seasoning to baking dish. Stir until well combined. Sprinkle in vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on rice mixture and season chicken with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done and the rice is tender. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir the rice mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.