This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Slow cooker ranch chicken is a hearty and comforting dinner recipe the whole family will love! This easy slow cooker meal pairs creamy ranch chicken with carrots and potatoes creating a delicious dinner that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
Are you looking for a simple meal to add to your weekly rotation that’s easy and delicious? Well, look no further because I have the perfect recipe for you! This Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
You might also call this a “crack chicken recipe” because it is so addictive. The great thing about this recipe is you can place all the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and by evening you have a delicious meal ready. And, if you’re like me and love slow cooker recipes, I have a few more for you to check out. This slow-cooker chicken fajitas is another easy dinner idea or whip up this sweet and sour pork made in the slow cooker.
Why You Will Love this Delicious Recipe
- Easy Dinner Recipe – The perfect recipe for busy nights. You can throw together this chicken slow cooker meal in just minutes.
- Simple Ingredients – What I love about this recipe is it uses simple ingredients to create this dish. You might already have some ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
- Kid Friendly – This delicious dinner is kid friendly and that’s always a win!
- Creamy and Flavorful – This is a creamy-based chicken that is loaded with rich flavors and tender chicken.
Ingredients Needed for This Tasty Dinner
- Chicken – You can use any boneless chicken for this recipe. I used boneless breasts but you can use chicken thighs, tenderloins, etc. You can also use frozen chicken if that’s all you have.
- Cream Soup – Reach for a cream of chicken soup or another flavor of condensed soup. It is going to be the base of the creamy sauce.
- Milk – Any type of milk will work with this recipe. You will find that whole milk will offer a richer flavor.
- Ranch Seasoning – You can buy a packet of ranch seasoning mix or make your own.
- Potatoes – I opted for red potatoes that I cubed up. You are welcome to use other types of potatoes.
- Carrots – You can use baby carrots or peel them and cut them up into bite-size pieces.
- Parsley – Optional for topping the chicken.
- Rice – You will cook the rice according to the package separately.
- Salt and Pepper – For added flavor.
How to Make Ranch Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- To make Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken, spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, place chicken breasts, carrots, and potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup, milk, and ranch seasoning in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken, making sure it’s well-coated.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken and add back to slow cooker. Continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and gravy over rice and garnish with parsley.
Slow-Cooker Ranch Chicken Variations
- Add 6 ounces of cream cheese on top of the chicken in the last 30 minutes of cooking. Let it melt and then mix in right before serving. I do recommend cubing up the cream cheese.
- Top chicken and vegetables with half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese 30 minutes before serving.
- Swap the milk for chicken broth.
- Instead of serving with white rice, serve it with brown rice, cauliflower rice or mashed potatoes.
- Top with diced green onions instead of parsley.
- Instead of cooking right away, add all ingredients to a freezer bag for a quick and easy freezer meal.
Storing Leftover Crockpot Chicken
Refrigerate any crockpot ranch chicken leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze leftovers for 2-3 months. To reheat, warm leftovers in the microwave or in the oven. Remember to cover the dish with foil if you plan to heat it up in the oven to prevent the chicken from drying out.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you know when the chicken is done?
Grab a meat thermometer and make sure that your chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Once the chicken reaches the proper internal temperature it is ready to dish up. Also, make sure the potatoes are fork-tender.
Can I double this slow cooker ranch chicken recipe?
Go right ahead and double the recipe if you have enough space in your slow cooker for all the ingredients to fit comfortably. You will cook for the same amount of time, if not just a tad bit longer. Just ensure the chicken and potatoes are cooked fully.
Can I use ranch dressing instead of ranch seasoning to make this easy recipe?
You are going to find that you need to use powder ranch mix and not liquid ranch dressing. Using bottled ranch will affect the texture and flavor of this dish.
Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
Consider tossing in some fresh green beans, broccoli, or other firmer vegetables that take some time to cook. You can replace or add extra vegetables of your choice to enhance the flavor of the dish.
Looking for More Easy Crock Pot Recipes?
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup cup milk
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning (1 packet)
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 6 red potatoes (cubed)
- Rice (cooked according to directions on package)
- Parsley for serving (optional)
- Add chicken, carrots, and potatoes to slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, mix soup, ranch seasoning and milk. Pour mixture over chicken, carrots and potatoes in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken and add back to slow cooker. Continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with parsley.