This Salsa Verde Chicken Bake is a delicious 5 ingredient dinner recipe the entire family will love! An easy one dish dinner that’s perfect for busy week nights.
Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
If you love easy dinner recipes that take less than 5 minutes to prepare then you’re going to love this Slasa Verde Chicken Bake! I’m just going to start by saying that this is my kind of dinner recipe. All you have to do is place the chicken breasts in the baking dish, add a jar of salsa verde and top with melted cheese. A one pot meal the entire family will love.
It really doesn’t get any easier than this my friends! And, it’s baked in one dish making it the perfect dinner for busy weeknights.
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake Ingredients
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast – I always use boneless chicken breasts but I’m sure you could use boneless chicken thighs. I usually cut the chicken breasts in half so they cook faster.
- Salsa Verde – Can’t make salsa verde chicken without it. I’m not picky when it comes to brands so just use your favorite salsa verde or make your own.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Any cheese will work but I always use Monterey Jack in this recipe.
- Cilantro and Tomatoes – To garnish with. I think it would also taste great with fresh pico de gallo.
How to Make Salsa Verde Chicken
This recipe is so easy to make. I’m not even sure I would call these instructions. All you need is chicken and salsa verde. Then, just dump and bake!
Place chicken in baking dish. Cover chicken with salsa verde making sure the chicken is completely covered. Bake chicken in the oven until chicken reaches 175 degrees internally. This dish is baked uncovered and I do recommend flipping the chicken half way through just to keep the tops from drying out.
Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over chicken. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. You can also broil the chicken for 2-3 minutes if you are really hungry and want to speed this step up.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
If you want to make this recipe in the slow cooker, it’s just as easy! Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the salsa verde on top of the chicken breasts. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken in the slow cooker and stir. Sprinkle the cheese on top and cook until cheese has melted.
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
Place chicken breasts in your pressure cooker and pour salsa verde over chicken. Start your IP on high pressure and cook for 25 minutes. Quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Shred the chicken in the instant pot with all the juices. Sprinkle cheese on top and let sit until cheese has melted.
How to Serve Chicken Salsa Verde Bake
Serve Chicken whole with an easy side dish – I like to serve this dish with white rice or brown rice. It also goes great with this Cilantro Lime Quinoa and cauliflower rice if you want a low carb meal.
Create chicken tacos – The slow cooker and Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is great served with corn or flour tortillas and all your favorite taco toppings. You can’t go wrong with tacos!
Make a delicious salad – Add chicken to a bed of lettuce with tomatoes, beans, avocado, peppers, onions, cilantro and other salad toppings to create your new favorite salad.
Looking for More Easy Dinner Recipes to Make This Week?
- One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Dump and Bake Chicken Parmesan
- Dump and Bake Mexican Chicken
- Slow Cooker Fajitas
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake Recipe
Salsa Verde Chicken Bake Recipe – Boneless chicken breasts topped with salsa verde and melted cheese. An easy dinner the entire family will love!
- 3 large chicken breasts – cut in half
- 1 (15 ounces) jar salsa verde
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line baking dish with chicken pieces.
- Cover chicken with salsa verde.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip Chicken and use a large spoon to cover chicken with salsa verde from baking dish.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 175 degrees.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken and bake for an addition 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Add optional garnishes and serve immediately.
This recipe is a keeper! I made this in the crockpot and we made chicken and rice bowls. My husband and I both like a little spicier food so I did make some changes. I used medium salsa verde sauce, added a small can of red enchilada sauce, plus cumin, garlic powder, and cilantro. We had avocado, tomatoes, black beans, hot salsa, and grated cojack and pepper jack cheeses to add to our bowls. The recipe is easy to adapt for different spice preferences so I’m going to try it as you did it for my grandchildren because they love chicken and rice but not spice. Thanks for the recipe!