This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate then you are going to love these Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies. Delicious brownies with a creamy peanut butter filling and topped with more chocolate – the best brownies ever!
My husband is a HUGE fan of anything that has peanut butter and chocolate so I love finding desserts that combine chocolate and peanut butter. And, let’s just honest – can you go wrong with anything that includes brownies, peanut butter, and chocolate sprinkles? Add a layer of chocolate over the peanut butter and you have these delicious Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies!
Words can’t describe how good these brownies taste so you’re just going to have to make them ASAP so you can try them for yourself. Not only are these Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies perfect for family gatherings but they are also great for work parties, potlucks, and just to have on a random weeknight after a busy day.
Ingredients Needed to Make Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- Brownie box mix – you’ll also need the ingredients listed on the box
- Butter – softened
- Peanut butter – creamy is best for this recipe
- Powdered sugar – to sweeten the peanut butter filling
- Milk – to help make the peanut frosting thick and creamy
- chocolate chips – I recommend using semi-sweet
- Sprinkles – add fun sprinkles for different holidays
How to Make Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
Now for the fun part! Let’s make these delicious Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper or foil and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix brownie mix with ingredients listed on package. Pour in pan and bake according to directions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
To make the peanut butter layer, mix together butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk in large bowl. Spread peanut butter mixture overcooked brownies.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Let cool for a few minutes. Spread over filling and add sprinkles.
Refrigerate brownies for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Brownies
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper or foil before baking. This will make it super easy to lift them out of the pan and slice for serving.
- I recommend using regular creamy peanut butter instead of natural or sugar free when making these brownies.
- For best results, we recommend keeping these brownies chilled. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Cut bars into smaller squares especially if you are making them for a lot of people. These brownies are very rich. Plus, people can always go for seconds.
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
For the Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix with ingredients on box
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper or foil and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix brownie mix with ingredients listed on package. Pour in pan and bake according to directions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the peanut butter layer, mix together butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk in large bowl. Spread peanut butter mixture over the brownie layer.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Let cool for a few minutes. Spread over filling.
- Add sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until set. Store covered in refrigerator until ready to serve.