This Twix Poke Cake combines vanilla cake with caramel sauce, chocolate pudding, whipped topping and Twix bars to create a delicious cake that is sure to become a family favorite!
Let’s Bake an Easy Poke Cake!
If you love Twix bars, you’re going to love this Twix Poke cake. If you love poke cakes and Twix bars, you’re definitely going to LOVE this delicious dessert! And, if you’ve never had a poke cake before – you better go to the store right now and get the ingredients needed to make this cake because you’ve been missing out.
First of all, can you ever go wrong with a cake that includes caramel, chocolate, and twix bars? Nope, I don’t think so easy. And, to make this cake even better, we’ve topped it with chopped up Twix bars. The best thing about this recipe is it takes a boring yellow cake and turns it into a crowd-pleasing dessert that’s perfect for every occasion.
And, I’ll warn you right now, this cake will go fast so I have two recommendations – cut the cake into small pieces so everyone gets a piece or just make two cakes. That way you know you’ll have plenty for everyone and you’ll have leftovers to enjoy later.
What is a Poke Cake?
Poke cake is a cake with holes poked in it after it has been baked. The easiest way to poke the holes is with a large fork or the base of a wooden spoon. After poking the holes, liquid is poured over the cake and into all the holes creating a moist and flavorful cake!
In this Twix cake, caramel sauce is poured over the cake and into all the holes. It is then topped with chocolate pudding, whipped topping and pieces of Twix bars.
What’s in Twix Poke Cake?
To make this Twix Poke Cake recipe, you’ll need:
- Yellow cake mix – plus the ingredients listed on the box
- Caramel topping – I prefer to use caramel ice cream topping
- Instant chocolate pudding – make sure it’s instant pudding
- Milk – needed to make the pudding
- Whipped topping – defrosted
- Twix bars – chopped into small pieces
How to Make Twix Poke Cake
Now that we’re all craving this Twix poke cake, let’s bake a cake!
First, prepare the cake according to direction on box. Once the cake is out of the oven, poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon or a large fork. Pour caramel topping evenly over top of cake, taking time to evenly distribute it so that caramel seeps into all the holes.
While the cake chills, prepare chocolate pudding according to the directions on the box. Once the cake has chilled and the pudding has set, spread pudding over cake. Next, spread whipped topping over pudding and sprinkle with chopped Twix bars. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips for Making the Best Twix Poke Cake
This poke cake can be made ahead of time and lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator. The caramel sauce, pudding, and whipped topping will soften the cake the longer it is refrigerated. I recommend serving it within 24 hours of preparing. Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container and should be refrigerated.
To make this cake more homemade, you can make a yellow cake from scratch rather than using cake mix. Homemade chocolate pudding can also be used instead of instant pudding. One swap I wouldn’t recommend is using homemade whipped cream. Homemade whipped cream can be used instead of Cool Whip if you plan on serving it right away. If you want to make it ahead of time then you will need to use Cool Whip because homemade whipped cream will not last more than 24 hours on this cake. Also, leftover poke cake with homemade whipped cream might not taste the best.
Looking For More Easy Dessert Recipes? I Think You’ll Love These:
Twix Poke Cake
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) vanilla cake mix
- 1 jar caramel topping
- 1 box (3.5 ounces) chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping
- Twix candy bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake according to package directions and bake as directed.
- While cake is still hot, poke holes in the top of the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour caramel topping evenly over top of cake, taking time to evenly distribute it so that caramel seeps into all the holes.
- Mix pudding and milk in medium bowl. Whisk for 2 minutes or until pudding has set and pour evenly over cake.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over chocolate pudding.
- Sprinkle Twix pieces over whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.