If you love cannolis, you’re going to love this delicious cannoli dip! This creamy dip tastes just like a traditional cannoli and is the perfect no bake dessert for parties, family gatherings and more.
Dessert dips have become one of my favorite things to serve at parties especially because they are so easy to make and usually no baking is required. Plus, they can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until it’s time to party. Well, holy cannoli, this delicious cannoli dip is AMAZING!
Not only does it taste just like a traditional cannoli but it can be made ahead of time and requires no baking. Just mix, refrigerate, and eat. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Why waste time stuffing cannoli shells when you can make a delicious dip that tastes just like a cannoli?! I can guarantee that this dip will be a huge hit at any party, family gathering or wherever you take it.
And, because I’m always here for you, I recommend setting a little in a separate container so you’ll have your own dip to enjoy because there will not be any leftovers if you serve this to guests.
Cannoli Dip Ingredients
Cream cheese – Softened to room temperature.
Whole milk ricotta cheese – Essential ingredient when making cannolis
Powdered sugar – Helps sweeten the cheeses and makes the dip fluffy
Vanilla extract – Adds flavor to this delicious dip
Chocolate chips – Can use mini chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips. Dark chocolate chips would also taste great.
Waffle cones – Since we aren’t filling traditional cannoli shells, this is perfect for dipping.
Pistachio nuts – An optional mix in that adds crunch and additional flavor.
How to Make Cannoli Dip
Blend together the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with a stand or hand mixer until well combined and creamy. Fold in the chocolate chips and pistachio nuts.
Place bowl in refrigerator and let dip chill until ready to serve. Garnish the top with the reserved chocolate chips and crushed nuts right before serving.
What Do I Dip in Cannoli Dip?
This dip tastes great with lots of tasty dippers! I highly recommend serving cannoli dip with waffle cone pieces – especially if you love traditional cannolis, but here are a few more ideas:
- Graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Shortbread cookies
- Pizzelle cookies
- Fresh fruit like apples, strawberries, melon, and pineapple would taste great with this dip. Plus, if we eat fruit with our dessert, it’s healthy – right?
Can Cannoli Dip Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes! That’s what makes this dessert dip awesome. This delicious cannoli dip can be made ahead of time. I would recommend making it only a day or two ahead of time because of the ricotta cheese. Also, wait to garnish this dip with extra chocolate chips and crushed nuts until you’re ready to serve. The dip will need to be stirred before serving.
If making this dip in advance, refrigerate in a covered container until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator and allow the dip to soften for at least 20 minutes before serving. If you see a little liquid settling at the bottom of the bowl, just mix dip with a large spoon. This is from the full fat ricotta in the dip.
Tips for Making This Easy Dessert Dip
- Make sure to use whole milk ricotta. The fat from the whole milk helps make this dip delicious and creamy.
- Drain the ricotta cheese completely before mixing with the cream cheese to prevent the dip from being runny.
- Mix this dip with a hand mixer for at least 4-5 minutes to make sure it’s extra creamy. The longer you mix it, the thicker it will become.
- Swap the cream cheese for mascarpone cheese if you don’t like cream cheese.
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/3 cup 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups regular or mini chocolate chips, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 12 waffle cones, broken into chip sized pieces for serving
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts, chopped – reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish (optional)
- Blend together the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with a stand or hand mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pistachio nuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Garnish the top with the reserved chocolate chips and crushed nuts before serving.