This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you love cannolis, you’re going to love this delicious cannoli dip! This creamy dip tastes just like a traditional cannoli and is the perfect no bake dessert for parties, family gatherings and more.
Dessert dips have become one of my favorite things to serve at parties especially because they are so easy to make and usually no baking is required. Plus, they can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until it’s time to party. Well, holy cannoli – this delicious cannoli dip recipe is AMAZING!
Not only does it taste just like a traditional Italian cannoli but it can be made ahead of time and requires no baking. Just mix, refrigerate, and eat. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Why waste time stuffing cannoli shells when you can make a delicious dip that tastes just like the creamy filling found in a homemade cannoli?! I can guarantee that this dip will be a huge hit at any party, family gathering or wherever you take it.
And, because I’m always here for you, I recommend setting a little in a separate container so you’ll have your own sweet dip to enjoy because there will not be any leftovers if you serve this to guests.
What is Cannoli Dip?
A cannoli is an Italian pastry that consists of a tube shaped pastry that is stuffed with a sweet, creamy cheese filling. This cannoli dip is a deconstructed cannoli in dip form served with our favorite dippers. So what exactly does that mean? We’ve taken the sweet ricotta filling found in homemade cannolis and created a delicious dessert dip that everyone will love!
Why You’ll Love This Delicious and Creamy Cannoli Dip
- Super Easy to Make – An easy, no-fuss recipe!
- Simple Ingredients – Only a handful of ingredients found at your local grocery store are needed to make this rich dip!
- Make ahead – You can easily make this dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
- 15 Minute Recipe – This dip is ready in 15 minutes!
- Always a Crowd-Pleaser – This easy dip is the perfect sweet treat for every occasion!
Cannoli Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese – Softened to room temperature.
- Whole milk ricotta cheese – Gives this dip the creamy texture in needs.
- Powdered sugar – Also knows as confectioner’s sugar. This helps sweeten the cheeses and makes the dip fluffy
- Vanilla extract – Adds flavor to this delicious dip
- Chocolate chips – Can use miniature chocolate chips or larger chocolate chips. Dark chocolate chips would also taste great.
- Waffle cones – Since we aren’t filling traditional cannoli shells, we’re making cannoli chips with waffle cones.
- Pistachio nuts – An optional mix in that adds crunch and additional flavor.
How to Make Cannoli Dip
Mix ricotta cheese, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with a stand mixer or hand mixer in a medium bowl until well combined and creamy. Use a rubber spatula to fold in chocolate chips and pistachio nuts.
Place mixing bowl in refrigerator and cover with plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator and let chill until ready to serve. Garnish the top with the remaining chocolate chips and crushed nuts right before serving.
What Do I Dip in Cannoli Dip?
This dip tastes great with lots of tasty dippers! I highly recommend serving cannoli dip with waffle cone pieces – especially if you love traditional cannolis, but here are a few more delicious ideas:
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Waffle cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Shortbread cookies
- Pizzelle cookies
- Fresh fruit like apples, strawberries, melon, and pineapple would taste great with this dip. Plus, if we eat fruit with our dessert, it’s healthy – right?
Can This Easy Cannoli Dip Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes! That’s what makes this dessert dip awesome. This delicious cannoli dip can be made ahead of time. I would recommend making it only a day or two ahead of time because of the ricotta cheese. Also, wait to garnish this dip with extra chocolate chips and crushed nuts until you’re ready to serve. The dip will need to be stirred before serving.
If making this dip in advance, refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator and allow the dip to soften for at least 20 minutes before serving. If you see a little liquid settling at the bottom of the bowl, just mix dip with a large spoon. This is from the full fat ricotta in the dip.
Tips for Making This Easy Dessert Dip
- Make sure to use whole milk ricotta. The fat from the whole milk helps make this dip delicious and creamy.
- Drain the excess liquid in the ricotta cheese completely before mixing with the cream cheese to prevent the dip from being runny.
- Mix this easy recipe with an electric mixer for at least 4-5 minutes to make sure it’s extra creamy. The longer you mix it, the thicker it will become.
- Swap the cream cheese for mascarpone cheese if you don’t like cream cheese.
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/3 cup 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups regular or mini chocolate chips, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 12 waffle cones, broken into chip sized pieces for serving
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts, chopped – reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish (optional)
- Blend together the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with a stand or hand mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pistachio nuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Garnish the top with the reserved chocolate chips and crushed nuts before serving.