This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Serve up these bite-size mini cherry cheesecakes for a decadent dessert that everyone will love! These cheesecakes are made in a mini muffin tin and offer all the flavors of a traditional cheesecake. Golden graham cracker crust, rich and velvety cheesecake filling, and a sweet cherry topping.
Cheesecake lovers – this easy and delicious Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Dessert Recipe is going to be your new favorite way to make cheesecakes! What do you get with these mini dessert? Creamy cheesecake goodness with a classic graham cracker crust in each bite, topped with the sweetness of cherries.
Whipping up these mini cherry cheesecakes is like bringing a burst of joy to your taste buds! These little treats are not just cute—they’re the perfect way to enjoy cheesecake.
And the best part? These sweet treats are the perfect size for parties, special occasions or when you just want to treat yourself. With their bite-sized charm, these mini cheesecakes are bound to make every occasion a whole lot sweeter. If you love cheesecake try this easy cheesecake dip or these bite-size Oreo cheesecake balls.
Why People Love These Mini Desserts
- Personal Desserts – These individual cheesecakes are the perfect single serving dessert to make for friends, and family, or take to a potluck event.
- Easy with Simple Ingredients – This is an easy recipe and perfect for every occasion and calls for simple ingredients found at any grocery store.
- Make Ahead Dessert – Make these mini cheesecake the day before you want to serve them. This is a great make-ahead dessert option if you are wanting to prep ahead of time.
- Delicious and Gorgeous – These cheesecakes are made in a mini muffin pan so they are evenly shaped and offer a pretty presentation value.
- Freezer-friendly – This dessert that is easy store in the freezer for later on when you get a sweet craving.
Ingredients Needed to Make Mini Cheesecakes
- Graham Crackers – Crushed into fine crumbs for the crust or you can buy pre-crumbled graham crackers.
- Butter – Melted butter creates a rich, buttery buttery graham cracker crust
- Sugar – Needed for the crust and for the cheesecake filling.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure your cream cheese is softened so that it allows for a super creamy texture when you whip it up.
- Greek Yogurt – I used Greek yogurt but you can also use sour cream if you prefer.
- Egg – Room temperature egg is needed for this cheesecake base as it will incorporate better in the batter.
- Lemon Juice – Squeeze a fresh lemon for this cheesecake recipe. The lemon and Greek yogurt both add that nice tangy tart flavor.
- Vanilla – A tiny splash of vanilla extract will balance out all the flavors.
- Cherry Pie Filling – Top each cheesecake with a little pie filling if you would like a fruit topping. Can use storebought cherry filling or homemade cherry pie filling.
How to Make Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Prepare Cupcake Tin – Preheat the oven and line your cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
- Graham Cracker Crust – Use a food processor or rolling pin to crush graham crackers. Then add in the butter and sugar to mix. Add 1 teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs to each liner and gently press it into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Creamy Cheesecake Filling – In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to mix cream cheese and sugar together. Of course, and stand mixer will work also. Mix untill creamy. Add in the yogurt, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Cheesecake Bites – Scoop the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups and bake as directed. Once done, allow the cheesecakes to cool and top with pie filling. Place in the fridge to set up until you are ready to eat the cheesecakes.
Different Topping Ideas for Easy Mini Cheesecakes
Want to top your cheesecake bites with something else? I have a few different options to make the best mini cheesecakes that everyone will love! Feel free to mix and match and create a variety of different options.
- Drizzle the tops of the cheesecakes with chocolate ganache.
- Top with caramel sauce for caramel cheesecake.
- Add your favorite pie filling to the top or mix and match different pie fillings for a fun variety of dessert options.
- Top or mix in mini chocolate chips to make mini chocolate chip cheesecakes.
- Mix in chopped up candy bars for a fun twist on a classic dessert.
- Add fresh berries or your favorite fruit to the to the top of the mini cheesecakes.
- Fruit compote is also another delicious topping to add to cheesecake.
- Add some crunch to the cheesecakes using chopped nuts.
- Crushed Cookies are another fun addition to the creamy cheesecakes.
- Top with homemade whipped cream or cool whip,
- Add a little lemon zest to filling and tops of the cheesecakes for extra flavor.
- Swirl in some of your favorite jam for a fruit-flavored cheesecake.
Truly the sky is the limit in terms of toppings for this delicious cheesecake recipe. Or if you prefer serve them plain without toppings.
Tips For Making Delicious Little Cheesecakes
- Preheating the oven is important. Also using cupcake liners will prevent the cheesecake from sticking into the pan.
- When you add the crust to the muffin tin, make sure to press it firmly, to pack down the crust.
- Once you add in the egg, make sure to not overmix the batter.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake before eating as it will set up the cheesecake batter nicely.
- Allow time for the cheesecake to sit in the oven once you turn it off as the recipe suggests. This will finish cooking the cheesecake.
- If you would like, you can swap the crust with a cookie like vanilla wafers or use oreo cookies to create an oreo cookie crust in place of the graham cracker crust.
Refrigerate the cheesecakes in an airtight container for 4-5 days. When you are ready just grab and serve! It’s as simple at that. Mini cheesecakes can also be frozen until you’re ready to eat them. Simply store in a freezer container for 2-3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight for a slow thaw before eating them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to pre-bake the crust for mini cheesecakes? For this recipe, you do not. If you want a crunchy texture or crisp texture you can bake for 3 minutes and then let it cool while you work on the cheesecake filling.
How do I prevent the crust from sticking to the paper liners? You can lightly spray the muffin liners with cooking spray to prevent the crust from sticking to the liner. Typically they won’t stick but if you are worried then reach for your cooking spray.
How do I prevent cracks on the surface of mini cheesecakes? Avoid over-mixing once you add the egg to the batter. The other cause of cheesecake cracking is overbaking the cheesecakes in the oven.
Easy Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Dessert Recipe
- 3 ounces graham crackers, about 6 crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a mini cupcake pan with liners.
- Crush graham crackers in a food processor, then add melted butter and granulated sugar and process again. You want the crumbs to be really fine.
- Add 1 teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs to each liner and gently press it into the bottom of the pan.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Once smooth, add the Greek yogurt, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla, and mix fully.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cheesecake filling on top of the crusts.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, then turn off the oven and open the oven door and allow the cheesecakes to cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set at room temperature for 1 more hour before chilling and enjoying.