This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This tutorial and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Make sure your children stay on Santa’s nice list with these fun Santa Camera and Elf Surveillance Ornaments. Use the free cut files that I’ve created to make your own adorable ornaments.
Guess what my crafty friends? Santa Claus is coming to town. He’s making a list and he’s checking it twice. He’s gonna find out who’s naughty or nice because now you have a Santa camera in your house. He sees you when you’re sleeping and he knows when you’re awake. And now he knows if you’ve been bad or good so be good for goodness sake because you also have an Elf Surveillance ornament on your Christmas tree.
Santa Camera and Elf Surveillance Ornaments
These fun ornaments are so easy to make thanks to my handy dandy Cricut. I have a little obsession with making handmade ornaments and this might be a new favorite. The best thing about this ornament is you can make them for your own tree and they make great gifts for family and friends. Every one needs a Santa Camera on their Christmas tree!
We have two Christmas trees so now we have two ornaments keeping an eye on the boys to make sure they’re behaving. You can make an Elf ornament, Santa ornament, or both.
- Add a few drops of Glitter-It Adhesive to the ornaments. Swirl it around until the inside of the ornament is coated. Pour extra adhesive out.
- Add about a tablespoon of glitter to the inside of the ornament. Shake it around until the ornament is evenly coated with glitter. Add more glitter if you need to. Let dry.
- Use your Cricut to cut out the vinyl. Weed vinyl and apply transfer tape over vinyl decal. Carefully place vinyl on ornament.
- Add jewels and ribbon.
Oh my goodness! How fun are these ornaments?! That Glitter-It Adhesive is the easiest way to make glitter ornaments. I highly recommend it.
Tips for Making these Ornaments
- Tips for Using Glitter-it! – You only need a small of Glitter it! You can always add more. Drop a few drops inside the ornament and swirl around to coat the inside of the ornament. Once the entire ornament is coated, drain Glitter-It! from ornament before adding glitter.
- Tips for Applying Vinyl to Curved Ornaments – It can be a little tricky adding the center circles of the camera to the ornament. I placed the vinyl on the ornament and pressed lightly from the center out. I also recommend using the larger disc ornaments. It’s much easier to add vinyl to those rather than using the smaller disc ornaments. You can also use flat ornaments and paint them instead of using glitter.
Download the FREE SVG Files
To download this freebie, just add your name and email in the form below and these FREE cut files will be delivered right to your inbox. Then, open your email and save the SVG file to your computer. It’s that easy!
Once the cut file is saved to your computer, it’s time to upload it to Cricut’s Design Space. If you have a Silhouette, you will upload them to Silhouette Studio. Next, add your vinyl to your cutting mat and let your machine work it’s magic. This part never gets old – does it? Don’t forget to mirror your image if you’re using iron-on vinyl.
PERSONAL USE ONLY
All cut files included in this free SVG collection are for personal use only. Make as many personal projects as you wish. Create shirts, home decor, mugs, etc. for yourself and as gifts as often as you like.
If you make and sell handcrafted items using files downloaded for free from Happy Go Lucky, you will need to obtain a commercial license found HERE. Digital cut files and printables can not be altered or modified and then resold as any other digital products. Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. In order to share, use the direct URL to this page.
And, don’t forget – Santa is always watching when you have these ornaments on your Christmas tree.
Looking for more Fun DIY Ornaments?
- Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Unicorn Christmas Ornaments
- Magic Reindeer Food Ornaments
- Buffalo Check Christmas Ornaments