This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Turn your favorite peanut butter cookies into Heart Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies this Valentine’s Day.
It’s no secret that Peanut Butter Blossoms are the best cookies but what happens when you turn them into hearts? You get the best Valentine’s Day cookie ever!
All you need is your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, heart chocolates, and a heart cupcake pan.
These are so fun to make and even more fun to eat. I think I ate four just while I took pictures and I seriously could have eaten them all. And, that doesn’t even include the cookie dough that I ate while making the cookies.
We’re going keep things pretty easy around here today. I’ve included my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe but feel free to use refrigerated cookie dough if you want to make them super easy. I’m sure they’ll taste just as good. I also recommend unwrapping your chocolate hearts ahead of time because you’ll want to place them on the baked cookies pretty quickly.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to make Heart Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies! You can thank me later.Print
Heart Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar for rolling (optional)
- 48 chocolate hearts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray heart cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, butter, and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add sugars and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Continue to mix.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shape the dough into 1″ balls, and roll or shake them in sugar. Press dough into each heart. Sprinkle more sugar over dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they appear set in the center. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and place one chocolate heart on each cookie.
- Let cookies cool completely. Store covered at room temperature.
Want more delicious Valentine’s Day recipes? Check out these awesome bloggers and their Valentine’s Day Treats.
Peanut butter + chocolate. Yummy! Thank you for sharing as part of the blog hop.