Craving Carrot Cake? Then you are going to LOVE these easy Carrot Cake Ooey Gooey Cookie Bars. This delicious Easter dessert is the perfect combination of cake and cookie in one! Perfect for easter and every day of the year.
Don’t you just love when a recipe turns out better than you thought it would? Well, that’s exactly what happened with these delicious Carrot Cake Ooey Gooey Cookie Bars.
Plus, eating a recipe with vegetables means it’s healthy right?
How to make Carrot Cake Cookie Bars
I wanted to make some kind of carrot cake recipe for Easter but I wasn’t in the mood for cream cheese icing. Then, I remembered how much I love Ooey Gooey Cookies but I did not have the time to make cookies, so I decided to make Ooey Gooey Cookie Bars. This isn’t your typical Ooey Gooey Bars. These are Ooey Gooey Cookie Bars. All you have to do is make Ooey Gooey Cookie Dough and press into a baking pan for a soft, cake like cookie bar.
Ingredients needed to make Carrot Cake Ooey Gooey Cookie Bars
Six ingredients is all you need to make this delicious Easter treat. Start by softening a stick of butter and a block of cream cheese. Then, mix the butter and cream cheese with an egg, carrot cake mix, and your choice of mix ins. I added white chocolate chips and grated carrots. Pecans, walnuts, coconuts would taste great in this recipe.
A few notes about making Carrot Cake Ooey Gooey Cookie Bars:
- The dough is very thick. Just keep mixing.
- The dough is also very sticky. You can chill the dough for 10 minutes to making pressing into the pan easier. I didn’t have time for that so I rubbed powdered sugar on my hands to keep the dough from sticking as I pressed it into the pan.
- The bars will be gooey in the middle so inserting a toothpick will not work. Bake until edges are a little brown.
- Feel free to experiment with different mix-ins. Crushed pineapples, coconut flakes, pecans, walnuts – the possibilities are endless. I added fresh grated carrots because the idea of just eating dried carrots in the mix was a little weird to me.
If you love today’s recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes:
Easy Carrot Cake Ooey Gooey Cookie Bars
Craving Carrot Cake? Then you are going to LOVE these easy Carrot Cake Ooey Gooey Cookie Bars. It’s the perfect combination of cake and cookie! This is definitely a fabulous recipe to make on Easter or any day of the year.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 9-12 Cookie Bars 1x
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 box carrot cake mix
- 1 cup mix ins (grated carrots, coconut, white chocolate chips, chopped pecans)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese together. Add egg and and continue to beat.
- Add cake mix and mix until well combined.
- Stir in your mix ins. I added shredded carrots, white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Press dough into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar over entire pan of bars
- Cut into bars.
Store in airtight container.
Leo Tat says
Carrot cake is my favourite cake with my tea. Adding white chocolate would make it an appropriate version for my kids.