This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
What’s better than glitter dipped wine glasses? Glitter dipped wine glasses paired with wine bottle gift tags! This easy tutorial will teach you how to make both – the perfect gift for all your favorite wine lovers.
There is nothing better than inviting your besties over for a glass of wine and some girl talk. Don’t get me wrong, I love my hubby and my boys but sometimes we all need a little time with the girls.
I’m super lucky to have an awesome mom tribe and we all live on the same street. We actually met each other because we shared one common factor – we were pregnant:) It was really just a wonderful coincidence. Our husbands met while outside doing yard work and somehow it came up that we were all pregnant. Well, the rest is history. Now we get together for coffee in the morning while the babes play and we have our wine time together at at least once a week after the babies go to sleep. Like I said – I know I’m lucky and there are many days I’m not sure I would survive this whole mom thing without my girls.
We also soon discovered after we had our babies that we all love to drink wine. So, to show my girls just how much I love them and appreciate them, I thought it would be fun to make them gold glitter dipped wine glasses. Can you really have too much gold glitter in your life? I don’t think so either.
I’ve been wanting to make fun wine bottle gift tags for awhile now so it just seemed like the perfect time. Every wine bottle needs a fun gift tag!
So, have I convinced you to make some fun glitter dipped wine glasses for your mom tribe? They’re easy and fun. This would also be a fun craft night project.
Materials needed to make Glitter Dipped Wine Glasses:
- wine glasses (stemless or regular)
- painter’s tape
- dishwasher safe Mod Podge
- paint brush
- extra fine glitter
- Wrap tape around wine glass.
- Brush on the Mod Podge. Add glitter over Mod Podge. Sprinkle extra glitter off and let dry for an hour or two.
- Add another layer of Mod Podge and glitter to mason jar. Carefully peel off tape.
- Add two more layers of Mod Podge over glitter.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours before using them to drink out of. Hand wash for a few weeks until the Mod Podge has cured.
*The dishwasher safe Mod Podge makes it top rack dishwasher safe. I still hand wash my wine glasses and mason jars so I’m not really sure how they hold up in the dishwasher. I used the dishwasher safe Mod Podge just to be safe.
You do need to allow dry time in between coats of mod podge but the actual craft time is just a few minutes for each wine glass. Also, make sure to dust off glitter onto a piece of paper or paper plate so you can reapply extra glitter. We can’t waist any glitter:)
Now the Wine Bottle Gift Tags are even easier to make.
Materials needed to make Wine Bottle Gift Tags:
- 4.5 x 3.5 wood rectangles
- Wine Bottle Gift Tags Free Printables
- Mod Podge
- paint brush
- black paint pen
- sand paper
- Drill holes in top of each piece of wood.
- Paint edges of wood black.
- Cut out printable gift tags. Use Mod Podge to adhere cardstock to wood. Add a layer of Mod Podge over gift tag.
- Once Mod Podge has dried, lightly sand edges. This will also remove any paper that is hanging over edges of wood.
- Add ribbon and hang on wine bottles
I can’t decide which I like better. I love the gold glitter dipped wine glasses but I’m loving the wine tags. I’m definitely going to make more for all of my favorite people.