This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Kroger #CollectiveBias
Are you looking for a delicious oatmeal recipe that you can eat for lunch or even dinner? Then you’ve come to the right place. Today I’m sharing a delicious Savory Vegetable Oatmeal recipe that combines the perfect amount of vegetables and oatmeal with a scrambled egg. Season your dish with a little salt and pepper and you have a savory meal that will fill you up and leave your taste buds satisfied.
I always have Quaker® Oats for breakfast but I usually add fruit and honey. I was inspired by the Quaker Bring Your Best Bowl Contest to create a new oatmeal recipe. I wanted to create something savory that I can have for lunch instead of the usual breakfast recipe. I’m always up for a good challenge especially when it comes to cooking.
Who knew combining oatmeal with vegetables and a scrambled egg would taste so good? This has become my new favorite bowl of oatmeal. This is perfect because it can be made ahead of time and it’s easy to reheat if you need to pack your lunch.
And now it’s your turn to get creative with Quaker® Oats. Enter the Quaker Bring Your Best Bowl Contest for your chance to win $250,000. The top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in the fall of 2016. How awesome would it be to have your recipe creation sold in stores?! You have until March 12 to enter your best bowl of oatmeal. Keep it simple with 2-5 ingredients not including the oatmeal. Good luck and come back and share your recipe idea so I can try it and be inspired by you.
Head over to Kroger now for all your favorite ingredients and start getting creative with your oatmeal recipe. I love shopping at my local Kroger. It’s huge and they always have the fresh ingredients I need. I especially love their Natural Foods Department.
So what do you think? Are you up for the challenge? What will you create with Quaker® Oats for your best bowl?Print
Savory Vegetable Oatmeal
- 1 cup of cabbage
- 2 cups diced vegetables – I used tomato, green pepper, and onion
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese (optional)
- Step 1: Cook oatmeal according to directions on the package. Set aside.
- Step 2: Add a few tablespoons of vegetable stock to pan. Add onions, green pepper, and tomatoes to pan and cook until tender.
- Step 3: Add cabbage and the rest of the vegetable stock to pan. Cover and cook on medium low for about 10 minutes. Add egg and continue to stir until egg is cooked.
- Step 4: Add your oatmeal back into the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes so oatmeal can absorb the flavor.
- Step 5: Transfer your Savory Vegetable Oatmeal to bowl and enjoy!