This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I was so excited when I found out this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge was to find a spaghetti with red sauce recipe because I had just pinned this recipe and I couldn’t wait to make it for my family!!
I modified the recipe a little because there are only 3 of us and I didn’t want a ton of leftovers. But I do have to thank For Mamas for sharing a fabulous recipe!
- 1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (you could do a regular size jar but I like lots of sauce)
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- ½ box of whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound of ground beef or italian sausage
- Enough pepperoni to layer on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook ground beef/Italian sausage and noodles (separately)
- Spoon a little of sauce on to the bottom of a 9×9 pan
- Layer 1: Add half of the noodles
- Layer 2: Add half of the ground beef or Italian sausage
- Layer 3: Add half of the sauce
- Layer 4: Add half of the cheese
- Layer 5: Add the rest of the noodles
- Layer 6: Add the rest of the meat
- Layer 7: Add the rest of the sauce
- Layer 8: Add the rest of the cheese
- Layer 9: Spread the pepperoni out over the cheese
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove aluminum foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
I highly recommend this recipe! It was a huge hit!! Connor and my husband have both been asking for it again.
Now it’s time to check out all the other spaghetti recipes linked up to this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge. This is going to be so much fun!!
Yours is so fun! I will have to try it, and see if my kids like it:) I am so glad that I got to join up this month. I couldn’t resist after seeing your awesome cake last month.
Mmm, I love pizza bakes. I’m with you on the sauce thing, lots is better! My husband and son would love this! Stopping by from the CCC (#40).
Gotta love the pepperoni – can’t imagine that not being extremely popular with the family.
I hope you’ll stop by and visit my CCC – Spaghetti Pie
I love Pinterest for that reason…I’ve got tons of recipes just dying to be made!
Oh this looks really good, I should have figured it was yours! I love Pepperoni! I am numero 69!
Your recipe looks delicious and so do all the other ones. Looks like we’ll be eating spaghetti this week.
Pasta and pepperoni, two awesome things at once. Thanks for sharing a recipe that just my husband and I could try and not have tons of leftovers. Please stop by and see my Spaghetti and Meatballs (#3).
Yum. Pizza and spaghetti together, what could be better. This would be great to take to a pot luck.
Sounds super yummy. #18
Sounds like a nice dish that we would enjoy. andi
I made the same thing for the The CCC, Kara. Wasn’t it DE-LICIOUS?!!? I’m #15 if you’d like to come check out my version. We decided it’s a definite keeper, too!
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground
This looks delicious, what a great idea!
I am making this one for sure, looks delicious.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my CCC entry: Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter.
Cook Lisa Cook
Looks so good, can’t wait to give this one a try! Following you now.
I love baked spaghetti dishes, and the pepperoni on top makes it even better! Looks tasty 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
(Stopping by from CCC #20)
This comment has been removed by the author.
I love how pepperoni is just like bacon, it makes everything better. Love this recipe too. Be sure to checkout my super Easy Spasgna.
Ohmigosh love. Might make this one pizza night instead of actual pizza.
It looks delicious and could it be any easier?! Great choice!