There are a few things I love about this time of year – opening all the windows, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, leggings with boots, and making chili for dinner.
I love making chili on cool, fall nights and since October is National Chili month, I thought it would be fun to share a yummy chili recipe. When I make chili, I always make cornbread to go with it. This Chili Cornbread Skillet combines them both into one delicious recipe.
- 3-4 cups prepared chili – I used Progresso’s new Chili
- 1 box of cornbread mix + ingredients needed to prepare cornbread
- Add chili to skillet or 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Prepare cornbread according to directions on box.
- Spread cornbread batter over chili.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
Want to try Progresso’s new Stew and Chili?
Today I have a great deal for you from Progresso. Print out this coupon to receive $1 off 3 Progresso Stew and Chili products.
And for my favorite part – I get to giveaway a fun prize pack from Progresso. One Happy Go Lucky reader will win a prize pack featuring Progresso’s new Chili and Stew flavors, Progresso Ladle, and a Game Day Cooler Chair.
All you have to do is visit Progresso for recipe ideas. Then come back here and tell me one of the following:
- Which recipe would you like to make?
- What secret ingredient do you use to put a twist on your chili and/or stew recipe?
Kristi @ MY SF KITCHEN says
Great post! Your cornbread looks so yummy! xo K
I would like to make the Enchilada Soup.
I would like to make the chili tachos
I would make the creamy mushroom pork chops
I have never had chicken chili before, so I am most interested in the recipe for chicken chili nachos.
Amy Z. says
I’d love to make the Cornbread Chili Waffles.
Nancy Loring says
My family has a gred tty hat we would like to make the Nancy LorinhRanch Chicken Tenders. My kids would eat chicken tenders every night if If I let them. When I make chili I always add a piece of chocolate in the chili.ili.
Tina W says
I would like to try the Curried Lentil and Vegetable Stew (actually, I’d like for it to finally cool down enough for us to want stew for dinner. )
I would love to make the garlic pork roast