This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Caramel Popcorn Treat Bags
Caramel Popcorn Treat Bags full of delicious caramel popcorn!
- 3 packs of popped popcorn
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 bag of M&M’s – I used 1/2 bag of peanut M&M’s and 1/2 bag of peanut butter M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop popcorn and dump in large bowl.
- In medium sauce pan – melt butter and add brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir and bring to a boil. Let boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add baking soda and vanilla. Stir until everything is mixed together.
- Add M&M’s to popcorn.
- Pour sauce over popcorn. Stir until popcorn is coated. I put a lid on my bowl and shook it up.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
If you plan on making treat bags I recommend putting the popcorn in bags as soon as popcorn is cool or place in air tight container until you plan on putting them in bags to keep popcorn from getting soft.
I hope Connor’s teachers like their treats. Do you have a favorite popcorn recipe? Now I’m in the mood to make kettle corn and candied popcorn.