This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
As soon as I found these cute treat bags I knew I had to buy them and use them for something. So I decided to make caramel popcorn treat bags for Connor’s teachers and they turned out adorable.
Caramel Popcorn Treat Bags
Caramel Popcorn Treat Bags full of delicious caramel popcorn!
- 3 packs of popped popcorn
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 bag of M&M’s – I used 1/2 bag of peanut M&M’s and 1/2 bag of peanut butter M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop popcorn and dump in large bowl.
- In medium sauce pan – melt butter and add brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir and bring to a boil. Let boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add baking soda and vanilla. Stir until everything is mixed together.
- Add M&M’s to popcorn.
- Pour sauce over popcorn. Stir until popcorn is coated. I put a lid on my bowl and shook it up.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
If you plan on making treat bags I recommend putting the popcorn in bags as soon as popcorn is cool or place in air tight container until you plan on putting them in bags to keep popcorn from getting soft.
I hope Connor’s teachers like their treats. Do you have a favorite popcorn recipe? Now I’m in the mood to make kettle corn and candied popcorn.
I love popcorn and I sure love M&Ms, I’d love to eat this LOL Cute idea, thanks a lot for sharing xx
Those look AWESOME!!!!
Thank you for this recipe. I will try it this weekend. I pinned… 🙂
hugs ~ Crystelle
I love caramel popcorn, but I’ve never tried to make my own before. I will now thanks to your tutorial! I’ve also pinned this to share with my pinterest buddies. Can’t wait to try it!
Ooh yum, how fun to add M&Ms! I bet this is fabulous. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!
YUMMY!! These are too cute! 🙂
Hey lady!! You gotta add these to our party, they are perfect party favors! 😉
Those are cute cute and look so yummy! Thanks for sharing!! http://moresisterstuff.blogspot.com/
What a clever little idea! I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!