This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Create a personalized Father’s Day gift for dad with this fun Cricut project! Use metallic vinyl and a blank beer mug to create this awesome gift for dad.
I created the best Father’s Day gift for my hubby this year and I’m so excited to share it here with all of you! I love that I can make personalized gifts with my Cricut and this one is really special because it includes our boy’s birth dates.
Plus, every dad needs a personalized beer mug!
Want to know the best part? I used a $1 mug from the dollar store. You can’t beat that!
Supplies needed to make this Personalized Gift for Dad
- Glass Mug
- Silver Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Cricut Explore, Cricut Maker, or Cricut Joy
- Cricut Cutting Mat
How To Make A Personalized Beer Mug For Dad
- Open this project in Design Space and personalize the dates with your children’s birth dates. SELECT ALL and click ATTACH. Size so image fits your mug.
- Then, just cut and apply using transfer tape.
Tips for Adding Birth Dates
If you notice your dates aren’t lining up correctly, there are a few different things you can do to make sure they line up correctly before cutting the design.
- Unlock the design to adjust the size. I did this to make the numbers taller without making them wider.
- If the numbers are not evenly spaced, ungroup them. You can do this by clicking the small triangle under Advanced. Then you will be able to move each number around and space them out evenly.
I’m loving the silver vinyl on the glass mug. This is definitely an easy and practical Father’s Day gift!
Have fun making these fabulous personalized mugs for dad!
Looking for More Fun Father’s Day Gift Ideas?
Father’s Day Mug with Birth Dates
- Open this project in Design Space and personalize the dates with your children’s birth dates.
- Click Select All and Attach everything. Size the image to fit the front of your mug.
- Click Make It and Continue if everything on your mat looks correct.
- Select Metallic Vinyl for your base material and let your Cricut work its magic.
- Weed the extra vinyl from around the design using your weeding tool.
- Carefully peel the transfer tape up and remove the vinyl from the backing sheet. You can also flip your design over and peel the backing sheet away from the transfer tape.
- Place your design on the glass mug and use your scraper to burnish the vinyl onto the glass. Peel the transfer tape off the mug while making sure to leave the vinyl design on the glass.