This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Cinnamon Apple Scones – The perfect combination of cinnamon and apples in a delicious breakfast treat!
Raise your hand if you love iced coffee.
Isn’t it awesome that you can make your own iced coffee right in your kitchen thanks to International Delight®? Hubby and I are hooked and have decided that it’s the perfect way to enjoy our morning coffee during these hot summer months. Pair it with a delicious Cinnamon Apple Scone and you just know the day is going to be fabulous.
I’ve been wanting to make scones for awhile now. It’s my favorite treat to get when I go out for coffee but the thought of making them made me a little nervous. I looked at a lot of recipes and watched a few videos and decided I was up for the baking challenge. And guess what my friends? This has to be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made and it includes a few of my favorite things – iced coffee, apples, and cinnamon chips.
I’m not sure why, but I was craving something with apples so I whipped up these delicious Cinnamon Apple Scones over the weekend. And let me just say – YUM! These might just be my new favorite sweet treat to enjoy with my morning coffee. And, I didn’t even have to leave my house.
I’ve decided that you can’t go wrong with any recipe that includes apples and cinnamon chips.
And, you definitely can’t go wrong when you include my secret ingredient – International Delight® Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee. I’ve shared a few recipes that I’ve made using Internation Delight® and they always taste great. It’s just one more reason to keep your refrigerator stocked with International Delight® Iced Coffee.
International Delight® knows exactly how to make a girl (and guy) happy. We get the coffeehouse taste without having to leave our house. I don’t even have to get out of my pajamas if I don’t want to. Woohoo! Summer lounging in my pj’s with an iced coffee in my hand!! Life is good. This is especially great because we all know taking the kiddos to a coffee shop is not relaxing at all.
I can honestly say that I’ve tried all three flavors of their iced coffee and I love them all. The International Delight® Mocha Iced Coffee combines chocolate with coffee flavors. Their International Delight® Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee is the classic coffeehouse combo available right in your refrigerator. And, their International Delight® Vanilla Iced Coffee serves up a bold blast of vanilla flavor in seconds! The best thing about International Delight® Iced Coffee is you just open the fridge, pour over ice and enjoy.
So, now it’s time to talk about these Cinnamon Apple Scones. I’ve taken a simple scone recipe and added a few things to make them taste even better. These tasty treats are perfect to enjoy with a tall glass of iced coffee. The scones themselves aren’t very sweet but the combination of cinnamon chips and chopped apples give it the added flavor they need. Top them off with a simple glaze and you won’t be able to eat just one. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone if you eat two.
I was a little nervous making my first batch of homemade scones but my girl Lesley over at The Lucky Pear shared a few of her tips with me. I learned that you definitely have to use frozen butter and you can’t add too much liquid to the dough or they won’t turn out right. I also learned that they aren’t that hard to make at all and I was nervous for no reason.
Are you suddenly craving cinnamon apple scones? I know I am!
Now, it’s time to pour a glass of International Delight® Iced Coffee and enjoy these delicious Cinnamon Apple Scones.
Cheers to taking a little time out of your hectic day to treat yourself.Print
Cinnamon Apple Scones
Cinnamon Apple Scones – The perfect combination of apples and cinnamon in a delicious breakfast treat!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 3/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup International Delight® Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup International Delight® Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Grate frozen butter or cut into small pieces and blend into flour mixture using a knife or pastry blender until it looks like course crumbs.
- Stir in apples and cinnamon chips.
- In small bowl, whisk together International Delight® Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee and Greek yogurt.
- Gradually add wet ingredient to dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Add more liquid if you need to.
- Transfer dough to floured surface and knead the dough for a few minutes. Pat dough into a 7 inch circle. Cut the circle into 8 wedges. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until scones are golden brown.
- While scones cool off, make your glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, iced coffee, vanilla extract, and salt. Dip scones in glaze and set on cooling rack.