If you make one recipe this Christmas, it has to be this Cranberry Christmas Cake. It’s festive and perfect for this time of year.
First of all, let me start by saying – this is my kind of recipe! It only requires 6 ingredients. How fabulous is that? And, how beautiful and festive is this cake? It’s the perfect Christmas treat. I was so excited to make this cake and once I took my first bite, it became my absolute favorite cake.
It’s the perfect cake for so many reasons. It requires little effort and no icing is required. The tart cranberries compliment the sweet cake and you can make it for breakfast or dessert. It’s the perfect sweet treat if your headed to a work luncheon or holiday party. I will tell you one thing – everyone will love it and want the recipe so be prepared when they ask.
Make sure you stock up on lots of cranberries so you can make this Cranberry Christmas Cake. I’m headed back to the store today so I can make this cake for breakfast on Christmas morning. Who ever said you can’t eat cake for breakfast?
Tips for making Cranberry Christmas Cake
- It is better to use fresh cranberries. If you only have frozen cranberreis, it is best to let them thaw for a bit before preparing the cake. Just take them out with the butter and let them both soften up a bit.
- There is no baking soda or baking powder in this recipe. You will see that the most important step is to beat the eggs for 5 minutes. This provides the necessary leavening for the cake.
- Feel free to bake this recipe in different size pans. You can even make use a muffin pan and mini loaf pans. Just make sure to adjust cooking times.
- Don’t be afraid to add a teaspoon of almond extract along with the vanilla extract if you love almond treats as much as I do.
- Sit back and enjoy this 6 ingredient recipe because it tastes amazing!
Cranberry Christmas Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 bag (12 ounces) cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large mixing bowl for 5 minutes. This is the most important step. Please do not skip. The mixture should almost double in size and will thicken.
- Add butter and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Mix in flour until well combined.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Spread batter in baking pan.
- Bake 40 – 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting. Enjoy!