This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Encourage children to read with these fun and free Color by Number Reading Logs. This collection of reading logs includes 12 months of Color By Number fun for kids of all ages.
It’s time for another round of totally free printables and this month we’re sharing a collection of awesome reading printables. We have reading activities, games, stickers, wall art and more! The best thing about all of these printables is they can be used at home or in the classroom and they’re great for kids of all ages.
Color by Number Reading Logs
Reading logs don’t have to be boring! I’m excited to share these fun Color by Number Reading Logs. I wanted to put a fun twist on the traditional reading log and I thought this was a fun way to motivate young children to read.
This collection of Color By Number Reading Logs includes 12 printables – one for each month of the year. There are seasonal and holiday color by number images and each month includes a fun reading title.
Benefits of Using a Reading Log
Implementing reading logs is very popular and there are many benefits to having your children and students complete reading logs.
- Establishes a reading routine – Reading nightly or every other night to complete their reading log creates a reading routine that will hopefully create a lifelong love of reading.
- Creates a sense of accomplishment – As students complete their monthly reading log, they’ve accomplished a goal they set for themselves resulting in a successful accomplishment.
- Builds better reading skills – The only way to become a better reader is to read more! Reading on a regular basis helps with fluency and comprehension skills including decoding, making inferences, visualizing – just to name a few.
These reading logs are so easy to complete – just color in a box or multiple boxes each time you read for 10 minutes. These can be given out monthly or every two months depending on how often you require your child or students to read. The goal is to color in the entire image by the end of each month.
I’ve made it so easy for you to download this awesome freebie. Just add your name and email in the form below and these reading logs will be delivered right to your inbox. Then, open your email and save the PDF file to your computer. It’s that easy! Once the PDF is saved to your computer, just print and you’re ready to start reading and coloring.
Reading Printable Collection
Visit each link below to download the full collection of Reading Printables..
- Brooklyn Berry Designs – Reading Challenge Coloring Page
- Hello Creative Family – Book Club Reading Tracker
- Happiness is Homemade – Alphabet Scavenger Hunt
- Crafting in the Rain – Book Quote Sign
- The Country Chic Cottage – Book Lover Sticker Sheet
- Everyday Party Magazine – Printable Bookmarks
- Happy Go Lucky – Color By Code Reading Logs
- 100 Directions – Floral Bookmark and Reading Log
- Hey, Let’s Make Stuff – Reading Bingo
- Artsy-Fartsy Mama – Alphabet Bingo
- Pineapple Paper Co. – Printable Reading Log
- Fun for Little Ones – Let’s Read Playroom Wall Art
- Liz on Call – Coloring Bookmarks
- Printable Crush – Alphabet Tracing Worksheet
- Creatively Beth – Owl Themed Bookmarks to Color
- Mad in Crafts – 28-Day Reading Challenge Calendar
- Tried & True Creative – Books Are Friends Coloring Page
PERSONAL USE ONLY
This file is for personal use only. When you download a free file on this website, it is licensed for personal use. You may use the item for unlimited personal use. Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. In order to share, use the direct URL to this page.