This tutorial and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Air Fryer Donuts are easy to make and take just a few minutes to bake in your air fryer! A fun air fryer recipe your entire family will love.
Did you know that you can make donuts in your air fryer? Yep, you read that right. You can and you only need four ingredients. Well, technically you only need two things to make air fryer donuts – an air fryer and biscuits but you’ll want to top your new favorite donut recipe with your favorite donut toppings.
My husband is obsessed with our air fryer. We just purchased our first air fryer a few months ago and he is determined to cook everything in it. Every day he is coming up with new recipes to make in the air fryer and over the weekend we made these easy Air Fryer Donuts. These donuts along with bacon cooked in the air fryer have become our two favorite air fryer recipes.
Ingredients needed to make Air Fryer Donuts
- Jumbo Biscuit Dough – We used Pillsbury Grands Southern Homestyle. We recommend using jumbo size biscuits. If using smaller biscuits, you might need to adjust the cooking time.
- Powdered sugar – You can’t make icing without powdered sugar.
- Milk, Half and Half, Heavy Cream, Almond Milk – I like to use half and half when I make a glaze or icing but milk and heavy cream will also work. Heavy cream will make the icing thicker and creamier.
- Vanilla extract – Any type of vanilla extract will work with this easy vanilla icing recipe.
- Sprinkles – Because we all know sprinkles make everything better!
How to Make Air Fryer Donuts
Now that we have our ingredients, it’s time to make our donuts. First, remove the biscuits from the package and place them on a lightly floured surface. Use a small circle cookie cutter to cut the center out of the biscuits. As you can see, I used the tip to an icing bag that I already had which means no fancy cookie cutter is required.
Next, place four biscuits in the air fryer (make sure they do not touch) and cook the biscuits until the biscuits are golden brown on the outside. Keep in mind – they should be the color of donuts, not biscuits.
Remove the first set of donuts from the air fryer and place them on a wire rack to cool while you cook the remaining donuts. If you’d like to cook the donut holes, place them in the air fryer and cook for less time.
To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar, milk or cream, and vanilla in a small bowl.
Allow the donuts to cool before dipping them in icing. If the donuts are too warm, the icing will melt and drip down the donut. Decorate with sprinkles and serve immediately.
Fun ways to Top your Donuts
To make the donuts, you only need Jumbo Biscuit Dough and then the other ingredients are used to create the vanilla icing for the donuts. But, there are so many fun topping ideas for these delicious donuts. Here are a few of our favorite:
- Make a chocolate glaze instead of vanilla glaze.
- Coat the cooked donuts in butter. Then coat with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Mix pureed strawberries with a little strawberry jam and powdered sugar to make strawberry glaze
- Dip the donuts in butter and coat with powdered sugar.
- Instead of sprinkles, add crumbled bacon.
This fun recipe combines three of my favorite things – my air fryer, donuts and an easy recipe. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Have I convinced you to make these donuts this weekend? I hope so! And, if you don’t have an air fryer yet, this recipe will definitely make you want to go out and buy one.
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes?Print
Easy Air Fryer Donuts
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 donuts 1x
- 1 container Pillsbury Biscuits
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, half and half, or heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sprinkles, optional
- Remove the biscuits from the package and place them on a lightly floured surface. Use a small circle cookie cutter to cut the center out of the biscuits.
- Place four biscuits in the air fryer (make sure they aren’t touching) and cook at 365 degrees for 6-7 minute until the biscuits are golden brown on the outside. Keep in mind they should be the color of donuts, not biscuits.
- Remove the first set of donuts from the air fryer and place them on a wire rack to cool while you cook the remaining donuts.
- If you’d like to cook the donut holes, place them in the air fryer at 365 degrees for 3-4 minutes.
- While the donuts cook, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Allow the donuts to cool before dipping them icing.
- Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Store leftover donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours.