Complete fun challenges while engaging in science, technology, engineering, and math with these free STEM Challenge Cards.
If you’re looking for fun STEM activities to engage your children and students, you’re going to love these STEM challenge cards! These challenge cards are the perfect addition to your classroom or homeschool curriculum. They are also great for children at home who just need something creative to do. Get your kids off their tablets or away from the television and encourage them to construct. build, and create something.
What are STEM Challenges?
STEM challenges help children develop creativity, higher level thinking skills, and problem solving skills while integrating science, technology, engineering, and math. Children use these challenges to plan, design, engineer, and invent something using simple supplies given to them in a STEM bin.
Supplies needed for Stem Challenges
The easiest way to prepare for a STEM Challenge is to use what you have around the house. Grab a large plastic bin and fill it with items you already have in your recycle bin, pantry, bathroom, and craft stash. Most of these items can also be found at your local dollar store so it most cost a lot to get your STEM bin started.
- Aluminum foil
- Building Blocks, LEGOS, wood blocks
- Cardboard boxes
- Clothes pins
- Construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Crayons, colored pencils, and markers
- Dried pasta
- Masking tape/painters tape
- Paper plates
- Paper towel tubes
- Pipe cleaners
- Plastic cup (both small and regular size)
- Pom poms
- Popsicle sticks
- Rubber bands
- Toilet roll tubes
STEM Challenge Cards
I’m sharing 24 STEM challenge cards that you can download for FREE. Please feel free to use these STEM activities at home, or in your classroom to inspire a love of building, creating, designing, and inventing. I’ve also included a set of blank cards if you want to add your own STEM challenges.
I’ve made it so easy for you to download these STEM Challenge Cards. Just add your name and email in the form below and this freebie will be delivered right to your inbox. Then, open your email and save the PDF file to your computer. It’s that easy! Once the PDF is saved to your computer, just print and cut.
STEM Printable Collection
Want more FREE STEM printables? Visit each link below to download this awesome collection of 16 STEM activities, games, and printables.
- Printable Tangram Puzzle – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Steam Maker Space Lists & Observations – Hello Creative Family
- Color Wheel & Walking Rainbow – Happiness is Homemade
- Science Lab Matching Game – Crafting In The Rain
- Straw Rockets – The Country Chic Cottage
- Space Activity Sheet – Everyday Party Magazine
- STEM Challenge Cards – Happy Go Lucky
- Coloring Bugs Printable – 100 Directions
- Science is Rad Poster – seeLINDSAY
- Secret Decoder Rings – 30 Minute Crafts
- 28 Day Lego STEM Challenge – Mad in Crafts
- Solar System Bingo – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Science Notebook Covers – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Robots in Space Coloring Page – Fun For Little Ones
- Space Rocket Coloring Page – Liz On Call
- Math Coloring Worksheets – Printable Crush
Looking for more Learning Activities for Kids?
- Under the Sea Activity Pack
- Fidget Spinner Math Activity
- Snowman Counting Activity
- Picture Book Bingo
- Alphabet Coloring Book
PERSONAL USE ONLY
- This file is for personal use only. When you download a free file on this website, it is licensed for personal use. You may use the item for unlimited personal use.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. In order to share, use the direct URL to this page.