Craving a tropical drink this summer? Then you have to make this Rum Punch Summer Cocktail. It’s fruity, refreshing, and exactly what you need on a hot summer night.
If you’re looking for the perfect summer cocktail, you are going to love this easy and delicious Rum Punch Summer Cocktail. It’s the perfect drink on a hot summer night. This Rum Punch Summer Cocktail has all the flavors of summer – oranges, pineapples, bananas, and more. And, I’m going to tell you one thing – any cocktail with 99 Bananas is a favorite of mine.
What is Rum Punch?
Punch refers to a beverage that usually includes fruit juices. Traditionally, punches combine fruit juices with carbonated soda or hard liquor and are made in punch bowls or pitchers. And since I wanted to create the perfect rum punch, I’ve combined fruit juices with rum and carbonated soda to create the most delicious rum punch recipe!
Rum punch is perfect for summer parties, pool days, vacations – pretty much every summer occasion. It’s easy to make and great for large crowds.
Rum Punch Ingredients
- Pineapple orange juice
- Banana liqueur – I used 99 Bananas
- Rum – can use light rum, dark rum, spiced rum or coconut rum
- Fruit punch
- Lemon lime soda – can also used club soda or flavored sparkling water
- Frozen strawberries and pineapple chunks – for garnish
How to Make Rum Punch
This delicious rum punch is so easy to make. First grab a large pitcher because we’re making a large batch of this delicious cocktail. Add pineapple orange juice, banana liqueur, rum, and fruit punch to pitcher and stir. When ready to serve, add frozen fruit to hurricane glass and fill 3/4 of the way with rum punch. Top with a splash of soda and you’re ready to enjoy your new favorite summer cocktail.
Tips for Making This Delicious Rum Punch
- I’m not a big fan of ice in my drinks so I recommend freezing the strawberries and pineapple chunks to chill the cocktail. Add frozen fruit to glasses to keep cocktail cool instead of using ice.
- This is a great make-ahead cocktail! Add all ingredients to a large pitcher or punch bowl except frozen fruit and soda. Refrigerate until ready to serve. This recipe can be made 24 hours in advance.
- I highly recommend using 99 Bananas because it’s the best banana liqueur.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which rum is best for rum punch?
I like to use spiced rum or coconut rum when making this rum punch but any rum will work.
How to make rum punch for a party?
The best way to make this rum for a party is to make it in a large pitcher or punch bowl and refrigerate it until ready to serve.
How long does rum punch last?
This recipe can be made 24 hours in advance and make sure to store any leftover punch in fridge.
Rum Punch Summer Cocktail
- 3 cups pineapple orange juice
- 1 cup banana liqueur (I used 99 Bananas)
- 1 cup rum – can use light, dark, or coconut
- 1 cup fruit punch
- lemon lime soda
- frozen strawberries and pineapple chucks
- Mix together the pineapple juice, banana liqueur, coconut rum, fruit punch and orange juice in a large pitcher.
- Add frozen fruit to glasses.
- Fill glasses 3/4 of the way with juice mixture.
- Add a splash of lemon lime soda to each glass.