This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This Patriotic Veggie Platter is perfect for your 4th of July cookout. An easy appetizer that’s healthy and festive – what else can you ask for?!
Are you looking for a vibrant, healthy, and delicious addition to your fourth of July party? Look no further than this Patriotic veggie platter! Bursting with an array of bright colors, flavors, and textures, a veggie platter is not only visually appealing but also a great way to serve a nutritious snack or side dish.
Whether you’re hosting a 4th of July party, attending a potluck, or simply treating yourself, follow these easy steps to add a little patriotic flair to your summer party. I can guarantee that this festive veggie platter will be a huge hit at your 4th of July!
Why You’ll Love this Patriotic Appetizer
- No Baking Required – Perfect appetizer for to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- Fresh Ingredients – Fresh veggies are always a great addition to any meal.
- Healthy – Even the ranch dressing is healthier than other dressings because we’re using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream..
- Patriotic – A great Memorial Day recipe and perfect for the Fourth of July and Labor Day.
- Perfect for Social Gatherings – A vegetable tray is the perfect addition to any party, family gathering, and more!
Patriotic Veggie Platter Ingredients:
- Red vegetables – I used two red bell peppers and cherry tomatoes for the red stripes.
- White vegetables – I used cucumbers and cauliflower for the white stripes.
- Homemade Ranch Dressing – Includes Greek yogurt, buttermilk and spices.
- Chopped black olives – Can use canned chopped olives or whole olives chopped.
- White Cheddar Cheese – Cut into stars for the flag.
How to Make a Flag Veggie Platter
- Select Your Vegetables – The key to a fantastic veggie platter lies in the variety of fresh, seasonal vegetables you choose. Since we’re making an American flag veggie tray, we’re only using red and white vegetables in our veggie platter.
- Prepare and Clean Your Vegetables – Once you’ve gathered your vegetables, it’s essential to give them a thorough rinse to remove any dirt or impurities. Afterward, peel, trim, and chop them into bite-sized pieces. Cutting the vegetables into uniform shapes ensures ease of eating and enhances the visual appeal of your platter.
- Make Your Tasty Dip – What’s a veggie platter without a scrumptious dip? Make the ranch dip using the recipe below or add your favorite ranch dressing from the store.
- Create Stars – We can’t have an American flag without stars! Using a cheese knife or star cookie cutter, cut stars out of the white cheese.
- Arrange and Decorate – Now comes the fun part—arranging your veggie platter to make it look like an American flag. Start by choosing a rectangular serving platter or tray. Next, add your dip to a small bowl and place it in the top, left corner of the tray. Arrange the vegetables in rows on the tray around the bowl to create the red and white stripes of the flag. Spread the black olives over the ranch dip and place cheese stars on top of the chopped olives.
- Serve and Enjoy – With your veggie platter artfully arranged and ready to go, it’s time to share your creation with friends, family, or even enjoy it all by yourself!
Flag Veggie Platter Variations
- Swap out the ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing or your favorite dip.
- Create a fresh fruit platter using red, white, and blue fruit instead of vegetables.
- Add a row of white cheeses in place of a row of veggies.
Looking For More Delicious Patriotic Recipes?
- Red, White, and Blueberry Caprese Salad
- Patriotic Monster Cookie Bars
- Berry White Chocolate Cookie Bars
Patriotic Veggie Platter
- 2 red peppers
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 can chopped black olives
- 2 slices white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean, peel, trim, and chop the cucumber, peppers, and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Add Greek yogurt, buttermilk, onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill, parsley, salt and pepper to small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Using a sharp knife or star cookie cutter, cut the cheese into small stars.
- Add ranch dip to a small bowl and place place the bowl in the top, left corner of a rectangular tray. Arrange the vegetables in rows on the tray around the bowl to create the red and white stripes of the flag.
- Spread the black olives over the ranch dip and place cheese stars on top of the chopped olives.
- Serve and enjoy!