This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This Luxurious Whipped Body Butter tutorial is exactly what your dry, sensitive skin needs! It’s also the perfect gift for all your favorite people.
Did you know that you can make your own body butter with only 4 simple ingredients? Yep, it’s true and today I’m going to share a simple tutorial so you can make your own jars of whipped body butter. You may never buy lotion again after today’s tutorial, especially if you have sensitive skin like me.
You will love how soft and smooth your skin feels after using this luxurious whipped body butter. I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to make my own moisturizing lotion. And, let me tell you – my skin feels amazing!
Supplies needed to make homemade whipped body butter
- 1/2 cup Pure Shea Butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Sweet Almond Oil
- 15-20 drops essential oil (optional)
- small bowl
- hand mixer
- small mason jars
How to make your own whipped body butter
Start by melting the Shea butter and coconut oil. You can do this in the microwave or over a double boiler on the stove. Add sweet almond oil and essential oil.
Let oils set for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
When oils are partially set, use your hand mixer to whip into lotion and add to small mason jars.
Did you know it was this easy to make homemade body butter? I didn’t either! But, now that I know it, I’ll be making it a lot more. This would be a fabulous handmade gift idea too. Just triple the recipe for a larger batch. This recipe only filled two jars which is perfect for one or two people.
A few tips when making homemade Body Butter:
- It’s really important to let the oils set before trying to whip it. You want it to be solid but soft enough to press in with your finger.
- If you find that the oils are too hard, just melt in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. If you find that it isn’t whipping up enough, freeze for 5 minutes.
- Making this whipped body butter reminded me a lot of making homemade whipped cream. Just keep on beating it with your hand mixer:)
- Store your homemade whipped body butter in an airtight container at room temperature. If you find your lotion has melted, you can quickly whip it up again.
- Don’t like scented lotions? No problem. The essential oils are completely optional.
You have to make this homemade whipped body butter and feel free to try it with different essential oils. I think next time I’ll make it with vanilla extract. Peppermint would be a great option for winter.
This is exactly what my dry skin needed and it’s my new favorite gift to give out to all my family and friends.
Looking for more DIY Beauty Tutorials? I think you’ll love these:
This tutorial first appeared on the Crafts Unleashed blog where I share monthly craft tutorials.