This delicious Pickle Ranch Dip is the perfect dip for every occasion! If you love pickles, this is going to be your new favorite dip recipe. This easy recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients and is ready in 10 minutes creating a flavorful dip that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
If you love pickles and easy dips as much as I do, you are going to love this Dill Pickle Ranch Dip recipe! Not only is this dip creamy and loaded with pickles, it’s easy to make which means its my kind of recipe.
I’ve come to the conclusion that the best dips and appetizers are recipes that can be made ahead of time, call for simple ingredients that can be found at any grocery store, and can be prepared quickly. And guess what my friends, this pickle and ranch dip meets all of those requirements and more!
What is Pickle Ranch Dip?
Pickle ranch dip is a savory dip that combines sour cream and cream cheese with dill pickles, ranch seasoning, and fresh herbs. Pickle dip is creamy and bursting with flavor. If you’re a huge fan of pickles, you are going to fall in love with this dip recipe!
This is the perfect dip for pool parties, tailgaiting, potlucks – pretty much every party or gathering your hosting or attending. It’s also a delicious dip to have on hand for an easy afternoon snack to enjoy with fresh veggies.
What is in Dill Pickle Dip?
You just need a few easy to find ingredients for this yummy dip recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sour cream – light and creamy and pairs perfectly with the pickle and ranch flavors
- Cream cheese – thickens up the dip and makes it extra creamy
- Dill pickles – can’t make pickle dip without pickles
- Pickle juice – adds a tangy vinegar flavor
- Ranch seasoning – can be store-bought or homemade ranch seasoning
- Fresh dill and parsley – compliments the flavor of the pickles
- Seasonings – garlic powder, onion powder and celery salt for extra flavor
How to Make this Easy Make Ahead Dip
When I dip, you dip, we dip and this is how you make this delicious pickle dip. We’re starting with two common dip ingredients – sour cream and softened cream cheese. Stir ingredients together in medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
Next, stir in the pickle juice, ranch seasoning, parsley, dill, garlic, onion, and celery salt. Add the diced pickles and stir until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve or start dipping right away.
Why You’ll Love This Dill Pickle Ranch Dip
- Quick and easy to make: This delicious dip is so easy to make! Just add everything in a bowl and stir together.
- Easy to find ingredients: This pickle dip uses easy to find ingredients creating a dip that is irresistable!
- A delicious make-ahead dip: You can easily make this dip ahead of time. Making this dip ahead of time will allow all the flavors meld together.
- Bursting with flavor: Featuring pickles, ranch seasoning, and fresh herbs, every bite is bursting with flavor.
- Definitely a crowd pleaser: Everyone will love this pickle ranch dip!
How to Serve Pickle Ranch Dip
This dip is besr served a little chilled. The colder it is, the firmer the dip becomes so it’s best to refrigerate and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
How to Soften Cream Cheese to Room Temperature
Letting the cream cheese sit out at room temperature for at least 60 minutes is recommended but don’t worry if you forgot to do that. Here are a few ways to soften your cream cheese quickly.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and place cubes on a plate. Let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep cream cheese in foil packaging. Fill a bowl with warm water and place cream cheese in bowl of warm water. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cream cheese from foil packaging. Place cream cheese on a plate and microwave in 10 second increments. Flip cream cheese block and repeat 3-4 times.
What to Serve with Dill Pickle Dip
Dill Pickle Ranch Dip can be served with any and all of your favorite dippable snacks.
- Potato chips
- Pita chips
- Bagel chips
- Pretzels and pretzel crisps
- Fresh veggies – my favorites include carrots, cucumbers, and red peppers.
Tips for Storing This Easy Dip
Can I make pickle dip in advance?
You can definitely make this dip in advance! That’s what makes it the perfect dip. I actually recommend making it ahead of time so the flavors have a chance to meld together. To make this dip in advance, follow the recipe and transfer dip to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This dip can be made up to 3 days in advance.
How long can this dip sit out?
This dip contains cream cheese and sour cream so it should not sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. It is best to keep in the refrigerator or a cooler for as long as possible.
How long will it keep?
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Can I freeze dill pickle dip?
Technically, you can freeze Ranch Pickle Dip. However, I do not recommend it. This dip contains dairy products (cream cheese and sour cream) that don’t freeze well. This dip tastes best when it is prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of pickle is best for this dip?
The best pickles to use in this dip are classic dill pickles. If you want a sweeter dip, we recommend mixing dill pickles with sweet pickles and doing a combination of half and half. Pickle relish can also be used in this dip.
How can I make this dip healthier?
To make this dip healthier, use fat free cream cheese and plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
What if I don’t have fresh herbs?
While using fresh herbs will result in a better tasting dip, freeze dried dill and parsley can be used to make this dip.
Craving more? Check out all of our easy appetizers and dip recipes.
Dill Pickle Ranch Dip
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1 package (1 ounce) ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup finely diced dill pickles
- Whisk together the sour cream, cream cheese, pickle juice, ranch seasoning, parsley, dill, granulated garlic, granulated onion, and celery salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the diced pickles and stir to combine.
- Serve dip with chips, pretzels, or carrots
- Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.