This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Create Christmas onesies, ornaments, gift tags and more with the four free cut files included in this Baby’s First Christmas SVG Bundle.
Baby’s First Christmas SVG Bundle
Every baby needs to celebrate their first Christmas with a new onesie and I’m making it easy with this fun and free Baby’s First Christmas SVG Bundle!
I didn’t have my Cricut when both my boys were babies but I always bought them festive onesies to wear on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And, of course, I needed cute pictures of them wearing their Christmas onesies in front of the Christmas tree.
This fun and festive Christmas SVG bundle lets you make your own onesie for your baby’s first Christmas. I’ve included four cut files because babies definitely need more than one Christmas onesie for the holiday season.
This SVG bundle includes four cut files:
- My First Christmas
- Santa Baby
- So Elfin Cute
- Best Gift Ever
How to Apply Iron-on Vinyl
- Place Iron-on sheet, liner side down, onto Cricut StandardGrip cutting mat.
- Select and size the design that are cutting. Be sure to mirror all images prior to cutting so they appear backward. Load mat into the machine and cut image.
- Use the Cricut weeding tool, safety pin or tweezers to remove vinyl from around the image, leaving only the desired cut image on the carrier sheet.
- Once the image is cut and ready to be applied, it’s important to pre-heat, heat, and post-heat your images for the recommended amount of time. This will vary depending on the brand on HTV and your base material.
- If using an EasyPress, refer to this Application Guide for time and temperature. If using an iron, use the cotton setting and make sure the steam setting is OFF.
- Place image onto base material so that the carrier sheet is covering the vinyl design and press into place.
Tips for Using Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Make sure to adjust your machine settings to Iron-on. Your machine should not cut completely through the carrier sheet. You want the mage cut through the vinyl but now the sheet it’s on.
- Make sure you mirror your image. Don’t worry – I still forget sometimes too.
- Check to see if the Iron-on vinyl that you are using is warm peel or cool peel. This is very important when using Heat Transfer Vinyl.
- If you see that the HTV isn’t set completely, just place the liner back over the image and apply more heat.
- Wait 24 hours to wash any fabric that you’ve applied iron-on to. To wash, turn garment inside out and if you need to iron the base material, make sure it is inside out or flipped over. Do not iron over vinyl that has been applied to fabric.
How to Download These Christmas SVG Cut Files
I’ve made it so easy to download this freebie. Just add your name and email in the form below and this FREE cut file will be delivered right to your inbox. This will also sign you up for my weekly e-newsletter so you’ll have access to exclusive free cut files that I currently only have in my shop. Once you’ve received the email, all you have to do is open the cut file and save the SVG file to your computer. It’s that easy!
Once the cut file is saved to your computer, it’s time to upload it to Cricut’s Design Space. If you have a Silhouette, you will upload them to Silhouette Studio. Next, add your vinyl to your cutting mat and let your machine work it’s magic. This part never gets old – does it?
All cut files included in this free SVG collection are for personal use only. Make as many personal projects as you wish using our digital items. Create shirts, home decor, mugs, DIY projects, etc. for yourself and as gifts as often as you like.
If you make and sell handcrafted items using digital files downloaded for free from Kara Creates, you will need to obtain a commercial use license. A commercial license allows you to create items for your small business with my designs for commercial purposes. Digital cut files and printables cannot be altered or modified and then resold as any other digital products. Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. In order to share, use the direct URL to this page.