This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Speed Cleaning Tips and Tricks for when you have guests arriving in 30 minutes and your house is a disaster.
We’ve all been there. You suddenly find out that your friends want to stop by or someone needs to drop something off to you and you don’t want to see the house the way it is. Trust me, I can totally relate. You should see my living room right now. It looks like a tornado just came through.
Here are 10 tips to speed clean your home when you have about 30 minutes to get your house in order.
- Use a bin or basket to quickly gather items that need to be put away.
- Quickly wipe down your bathroom using a dish wand filled with your favorite cleaning solution. I’ve started keeping under the sink in every bathroom so I can wipe down countertops and toilets quickly.
- Deal with paper and mail as it comes in. Don’t let it pile up. A Family Command Center helps with this.
- Pretend you just cleaned your linens by spraying them with linen spray. And, don’t forget to make your bed. It makes the room look so much better.
- Put a sock on your hand to quickly dust surfaces.
- Then grab a lint roller to clean your sofa and lamp shades. It’s also the perfect way to clean the inside of your car.
- Use an extension cord with your vacuum. We all know how annoying it is to have to keep unplugging the vacuum and plugging it in when you go from room to room. Well, not anymore!
- Grab your Bona Hardwood Floor Mop, their Microfiber Deep Clean Pad, and Bona PowerPlus®Hardwood Floor Deep Cleaner to clean your hardwood floor quickly. Their products are AWESOME. This is such a quick way to clean your hardwood floors. Just spray and mop! We especially love the Bona PowerPlus cleaner because of our dog. I feel like I’m always mopping up his paw prints.
- Put out fresh hand towels and kitchen towels. This always makes such a big difference and can be done in minutes.
- And finally, listen to music. This isn’t really a cleaning tip but it makes cleaning more fun.
Remember my friends, this isn’t a guide to deep cleaning your entire house. This is a quick guide for when you find out your friends are stopping or you want to quickly clean before a party. There is no point in deep cleaning before a party because you’re just going to have to clean afterwards.
What are some of your favorite tips for cleaning quickly?
Experience the power of Bona PowerPlus with a $3 off coupon. Gotta love a good coupon!