This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I’ve got the easiest week night meal for you today. Do you love teriyaki chicken? Then, you’re going to love these One Pot Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls. Grab your chopsticks because this dinner is a winner!
My hubby loves going out for sushi. I’m not a big fan and never wanted to go until I started ordering teriyaki chicken. Now I’m begging my husband to go out for sushi so I can order their teriyaki chicken while he gets his sushi.
Well, now I can make it at home! This is my new favorite recipe to make for a few different reasons. Not only is it delicious but it only takes about 25 minutes to make. I think it might have taken me longer to cut up the chicken – that’s how quick this recipe is.
Look at all those vegetables. I used two bags of frozen vegetables so it was full of color and healthy veggies.
And, guess what? It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. This is my kind of recipe – quick, easy, and delicious.
This delicious recipe for One Pot Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls is also prepared in one pot making it even better. Prep is easy and clean up is even easier. I used Trader Joe’s Island Soyaki Sauce with a little added brown sugar to make it sweeter but that is totally optional. I just like things really sweet. You could even add hot sauce instead if you like your food on the spicy side. I prefer sweet over spice but that’s just me.
So have I inspired you to make your own Teriyaki Chicken Bowls? You just can’t beat a one pot meal that takes less than 30 minutes to make!Print
One Pot Teriyaki Rice Bowls
One Pot Teriyaki Rice Bowls – An easy easy dinner for busy nights!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 cups uncooked minute brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 bags asian medley frozen vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with green onions (optional)
- serve with extra teriyaki sauce and soy sauce
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce over medium heat until chicken is white.
- Add rice and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover for 5 minutes. Add frozen vegetables, remaining teriyaki sauce, and brown sugar (if you want it sweeter). Cover and cook for 5 more minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat, stir and let sit for 5 minutes to let water absorb.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Stay tuned for more meals that can be made with 6 or less ingredients. These are my favorite recipes to share and I’ve got a few more to share with all of you.
Looking for more one pot meals? Check these out: