This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I’m so exciting to be participating in the second round of Get Your Chef On hosted by two fab ladies – Jen over at Four Marrs and One Venus and Julie over at White Lights on Wednesday.
The secret ingredient is coconut and at first I was trying to find a dinner recipe that included coconut. But then my super smart friend, Stephanie, suggested that I try to recreate my favorite Starbuck’s drink, Iced Mocha Coconut. And I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought about that sooner!
So let’s get right to it!!
Here’s what you need:
- 8 ounces of brewed coffee
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar – I like my coffee sweet but if you don’t, I would leave this out.
- Whipped Cream
- Now for the secret ingredient – Edy’s Creamy Coconut Fruit Bars
- Brew your coffee. I always get Folger’s Colombian.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup into your glass.
- Pour about 8 ounces of coffee into your glass.
- Now for the secret ingredient – Take one Edy’s Creamy Coconut Fruit bar and just drop it into the glass. Ok, don’t just drop it. Gently place in your glass. It will quickly dissolve.
- Add sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Add ice cubes. I personally don’t like a lot of ice because I don’t want it to get watered down. I really need to make the coffee ice cubes:)
- Add whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and coconut flakes to top if you want.
- Enjoy! I really think that it tastes just like the drink from Starbucks and I’m pretty picky when it comes to my coffee drinks.
I hope you try it for yourself then come back and tell me what you think.
Kara! You rock! Awesome Drink… I am so going to try this! Love that drink .. oh yeah baby!! Thank you for linking up with us!!
Holy toledo! Now that’s my kind of drink! I can’t wait to try it! 🙂
Love this drink, looks so tasty!
What a great idea!! I can’t wait to try these!!
O my goodness! This sounds amazing!
That looks delicious! I love coconut.
Ooh yum, looks delicious! Thanks for sharing this at The Fun In Functional!
Love this! Would love for you to share this at our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party…just posted it!
Stopping in from Delicate Construction. This sounds amazing!
This looks A-mazing! Need to try this…soon! 🙂 We’d love to invite you to join us at Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! I know everyone will love this! Have a great weekend!
That sounds amazing! I can taste it now….One of my favorite drinks is the Frappe Mocha from McDonald’s. I love the idea of adding coconut to that for a little flavor infusion! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!
What a great idea to put a frozen coconut bar in – it chills the coffee and adds creamy flavorful goodness at the same time!
I can’t wait to try this! My daughter’s are going to love it! Thanks so much for sharing!
I love almost all coffee drinks! But this is so different and sounds just lovely. It just has to be totally awesome with that flavor of ice cream, I just love coconut. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays! Have an super week!
Oooh…! That looks so wonderful! Thanks for posting and sharing on my blog hop!
This looks wonderful! Trying to decide if I could get away with ending the boys naptime early so we can go to the store for those ice cream bars…I guess I’ll wait. But I am most certainly going to try this one. Thanks for posting!
Wow, that sounds amazing. My old stand by is a decaf mocha from Starbucks. I’ve never tried it with coconut. I’m sure it adds a great kick to it. Will definitely try soon. Thanks for sharing!
Just wanted to let you know I featured this awesome recipe on my blog today! Feel free to check it out and grab a Featured button 🙂 http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/07/features-from-the-fun-in-functional-8/
Looks like a wonderful drink!!
Thank you for linking it up at http://www.FineCraftGuild.com
Hope to see you again later today with something else fabulous!!