Decorate your home this fall with a gorgeous and magical unicorn pumpkin. It only takes 15 minutes to turn a white pumpkin into a gorgeous unicorn.
It’s Craft Lightning time which means I’m sharing a fun craft project that only takes 15 minutes to complete. This round is extra special because we’re celebrating the release of the new book, Hot Glue Hacks & Crafts by Angie Holden & Carolina Moore. Angie from The Country Chic Cottage and Carolina from 30 Minute Crafts organize and host the Craft Lightning challenge together and are always so crafty. You’ll definitely want to check out their book for lots of fun glue stick hacks and crafts. Click the picture below to order your copy today.
So, I’m sure you guessed it. This month’s theme is hot glue crafts that can be completed in 15 minutes and I had to do it. I had to make a Unicorn Pumpkin.
You should have known that it was just a matter of time before it happened since I’m totally obsessed with unicorns. And, I have to admit – it turned out better than I thought it would.
Want to know what makes this unicorn pumpkin so magical? It only takes 15 minutes to make. It literally took me longer to pick out the flowers than it did to make this gorgeous pumpkin.
Supplies needed to make a Unicorn Pumpkin:
- White pumpkin
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Styrofoam cone
- Gold string
- Assortment of artificial flowers
- Black vinyl
- Pink glitter vinyl
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut cutting mat
- FREE Unicorn Eyes SVG Cut File
Directions to make a Unicorn Pumpkin:
- Wrap the gold string around Styrofoam cone until it’s covered completely. Glue ends in place using your handy dandy glue gun.
- Glue horn to top of pumpkin using hot glue
- Glue flowers around horn.
- Upload the Unicorn Eyes SVG Cut File to the Cricut Design Space and let your Cricut work it’s magic. Apply eyes and stars to pumpkin.
Tips for making the best Unicorn Pumpkin
- Use different colored flowers
- Why use clay to make the horn when you can use Styrofoam and gold string. This was definitely easier.
- Don’t have a Cricut? Don’t worry. You can easily use a sharpie to draw the eyes or download the SVG file and use it as a pattern to cut the eyes and stars.
- Have fun!
I have to say that I’m in love with my unicorn pumpkin and I might need to keep it out all year long. Would that be weird?
And, I promise – it really only took me 15 minutes to make this magical masterpiece.
Want more fun projects to make with your handy dandy glue gun? Check out this fabulous collection of crafty projects using hot glue.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure statement for more information.