This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You can’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day without eating something green! And, you definitely can’t go wrong with any recipe that combines chocolate and peanut butter. So, today I’m sharing a fun St. Patrick’s Day recipe that I’m calling Leprechaun Chow.
Connor is allowed to choose one box of cereal every week and he chose the fun St. Patrick’s Day edition Lucky Charms. Then he asked if we could make a fun snack mix with it so he could give it out to his friends at school. I decided that the clover marshmallows were perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day muddy buddy snack mix – also know as Leprechaun Chow.
We can’t get enough of this fun snack mix in our house. It’s the perfect afters school snack. I also like to munch on it when I just need something sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth – which is pretty much after every meal:) I also like it because it’s easy to take on the go when you’re have errands to run. I keep a bag in my purse for Easton and Connor to snack on.
So let’s just get right to it. This recipe is easy and great for kids. They can do most of the work for you especially all the stirring and shaking it requires. I love a great tasting recipe that Connor can help me with!Print
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup clover marshmallows
- Add cereal to large bowl.
- Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute in microwaveable bowl. Stir and continue to microwave in 30 second increments until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal and stir until evenly coated. Add mixture to 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag and shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Sprinkle marshmallows over snack mix. Let cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Hope you enjoy this Leprechaun Chow as much as we do. What’s your favorite St. Patrick’s Day sweet treat?
Of course, what a fantastic site and illuminating posts, I surely will bookmark your blog.Have an awsome day!
LOve this post
Where do you find just the shamrock marshmallows?
Where do you get clover marshmallows from?