This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This tutorial for Just Between Us Journals and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Just Between Us journals – An easy way to connect with your child. Personalize notebooks with your Cricut and have fun writing back and forth with your child.
Happy National Craft Month! I’m excited to celebrate with a few of my favorite crafters and bring you lots of awesome giveaways. Today’s CRAFTWEEK post is sponsored by Cricut. Make sure to stop by my Instagram to enter the giveaway for a Cricut Explore Air 2.
I’ve mentioned before that Connor’s school is no longer giving homework. And, as a teacher, I’m totally okay with that. Homework was an extremely stressful time for Connor especially after sitting in class all day. Some days he really just needs to ride his bike and run around outside instead of having an hour of homework after school.
I also know how important it is to practice reading and writing daily even when you aren’t in school, so I created these fun Just Between Us journals using notebooks and my awesome Cricut.
Supplies Needed to make Just Between Us Journals
- Weeding Tool, Weeding Tool, or Weeding Tool
- Transfer Tape
- StandardGrip Mat
- Weeding Tool
How to Make Just Between Us Journals
Open Cricut Design Space and add text to your canvas. Once you’ve typed what you want on the cover of your notebook, click SELECT ALL and GROUP. Next, resize text to fit the cover of the notebook you are using. I also like to arrange my different layers so they are horizontally aligned.
If you have multiple texts like I do then you will need to attach everything to keep it spaced and looking the way you see it on your canvas. Click SELECT ALL and ATTACH.
Now you are ready for your machine to cut your vinyl.
Once your vinyl is cut, use the weeding tool to remove the excess vinyl around the text. Place transfer tape over the text decal and use the scraper tool to press tape firmly over decal.
Peel back the transfer tape and the decal should be attached to it. Place decal on the notebook and use the scraper again to adhere vinyl decal to notebook. Carefully peel back the transfer tap, leaving the vinyl decal on the notebook.
How to Use Just Between Us Journals
The concept is easy. Write little journal entries back and forth. You can ask a question or just leave a sweet note. The key is to make it a safe place to communicate with each other.
Love this idea but don’t have a Cricut? These journal covers can easily be decorated with letter stickers and markers.
Just Between Us Journal Prompts
- Tell me one thing that made you smile today.
- If you could take a road trip this weekend, where would you want to go?
- What is your favorite family memory?
- Cool things we’ve done together…
- Awesome things we still need to do together…
- What is one thing you would like to learn well?
- If you could keep one thing out of all your things, what would it be? Why?
- What three words best describe you?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
- What is the nicest thing that someone did for you today?
- What do you wish you could do more of at school?
- What do you wish you could do more of at home?
- Tell me two things you like about yourself?
- I’m grateful for…
- My favorite thing to do together is…
- When I grow up I want to…
- What superhero power do you wish you had?
- What is your favorite song/movie?
- What can mommy and daddy do to be a better parents?
- What can you do to be a better son/daughter?
- If you could have 5 wishes come true, what would they be?
- What would you add to our family bucket list?
- What has been the best day of your life?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Name someone you look up to. What have you learned from this person?
- If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be? What would you ask this person?
- How do you make yourself feel better when you are frustrated of angry about something?
- What do you think is special about your family?
- Describe what the perfect day would look like to you.
And, sometimes I might just want to say something encouraging so I created a list of 40 Positive Things to Say to Your Child.
Looking for more easy Cricut craft projects?
Check out my entire collection of Cricut craft projects HERE. I also love sharing free SVG cut files. Check out the entire collection HERE.