This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This tutorial and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Learn how to marble paint ceramic with our easy tutorial. Make gorgeous vases, flower pots, ring dishes and more with this fun craft project!
I have a new obsession and it includes marble paint. I had no idea it was this easy to add a colorful marble effect to plain ceramic until I made this gorgeous vase and now I’m ready to marble paint everything! I’ve used nail polish to make marbled mugs but I was excited to try the same technique using marble paint. The best thing about this project is you only need a few supplies.
Supplies needed to make your own DIY marbled vase:
How to Marble Paint
Step 1: Drop 5-10 drops of Marabu Easy Marble Paint into bowl of water.
Step 2: Use bamboo skewer to swirl paint in water.
Step 3: Dip ceramic vase slowly into water and remove slowly.
Step 4: Place on flat surface to dry completely.
As you can see, I used aqua, pink and purple Marble Marabu Paint but you can use any color combination to make your own marbled vase.
I LOVE the way this project turned out! I do recommend testing it our first with something small like a bowl or plate. I played around with the process a few times before dipping the vase. And, the best part – if you don’t like the way it looks, just wash it off and start over again.
Helpful Tips for using Marble Paint
- Make sure your bowl is large enough to fit your entire ceramic surface.
- Place a towel under your bowl of water.
- Dip your object in the water slowly.
- Don’t panic if you have air bubble of paint on your object. Wait until the paint is completely dry and you’ll be able to smooth them out.
- Start with adding the darkest color of paint to the water first.
- Be patient and have fun! Even though this project only requires a few supplies, do not rush the process. Take your time and have fun.
Have you tried this fun marbling effect yet? If not, I hope I’ve inspired you to try it. I promise you’ll love the way it turns out.