This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Christmas Rice Krispie Treats – an easy holiday treat to make with the kids.
Do your children like to help out in the kitchen? Connor loves to help me bake and it’s the perfect time of year for him to help me with all my holiday baking.
Yesterday we made these fun and festive Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats so we could snack on them while we decorated our tree.
First of all – who doesn’t love rice krispie treats? And, who wouldn’t want to decorate them with icing and M&M’s?Print
Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 – 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- green icing
- lollipop sticks
- Melt butter and marshmallows in pan over low heat.
- Once marshmallows are completely melted, add Rice Krispies one cup at a time and mix together.
- Spread in 10 x 13 pan and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once cool, cut Rice Krispie treats into triangles. Add a lollipop stick to bottom of each triangle.
- Decorate with icing and M&M’s.
This is a great holiday treat that kids can help you make.
I’ve teamed up with a few other bloggers to bring you more kid friendly holiday recipes:
What are some of your favorite kid friendly recipes?