These Chocolate Raspberry Oat Bars combine the sweetness of chocolate with the tartness of raspberries on a buttery oat crust. All I can say is YUM!
I have to admit that I’m totally hooked on any recipe that includes raspberry and chocolate. I love the sweetness of the chocolate combined with the tartness of the raspberries add a delicious oat crust and you have these AMAZING Chocolate Raspberry Oat Bars.
Now, I’m just going to warn you – you will not be able to eat just one of these bars. You’re probably going to want to eat the whole pan and that’s ok. I promise I won’t tell anyone. I do recommend cutting them into smaller bars so you can enjoy a few little bites throughout the day.
The best part about this recipe is that you can enjoy them with your morning coffee and they also taste great with a glass of wine for dessert. You know what? Just eat one for breakfast and have another one for dessert. That’s how delicious these bars are. You might even want to eat one for lunch.
What’s not to love about a buttery oat crust topped with raspberries and chocolate chips?
Ok, that’s enough talking for today. Just take some time for yourself today and whip up these Chocolate Raspberry Oat Bars. Then sit back, relax, and enjoy a delicious sweet treat. Feel free to share or keep them all for yourself. They freeze well and can be refrigerated for a few days – if they last that long:)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. And, if you make them, please take a picture and tag me on Instagram – @kara_harvey – so I can hear all about how much you love this recipe too.Print
Chocolate Raspberry Oat Bars
These Chocolate Raspberry Oat Bars combine the sweetness of chocolate with the tartness of raspberries on a buttery oat crust. A delicious dessert recipe!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Total Time: 47 minutes
- Yield: 9-12 Bars 1x
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix together rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender, a fork, or your fingers, and mix until the dough just comes together. The dough should not be very crumbly, but should stick together.
- Gently press two thirds of the dough onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
- Prepare raspberry filling. In a medium bowl, mix together the raspberries, jam and vanilla.
- Spread raspberry mixture over the baked crust and sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the raspberry layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate chips.
- Bake for another 22-25 minutes or until the top has lightly browned and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Let the bars cool completely and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Love the combination of raspberries and chocolate as much as I do? Then you have to try these other delicious recipes:
Can I use almond flour or some other substitute for gluten free?