This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
A delicious Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese recipe that will definitely be a huge hit at dinner!
Hubby was leaving for a few days on the ship so I surprised him with a special dinner. I call it special because I haven’t been cooking dinner much lately. And since it was an easy recipe to make, it’s extra special to me. I also know if I want my husband to like something, all I have to do is add buffalo sauce and chicken to the recipe and he will love it.Print
Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 box of pasta (16 ounces)
- salt to taste
- 8 tablespoons plus butter plus 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups of Buffalo Wing Sauce (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles, optional
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Add water and a little salt to a large pot. Bring salted water to a boil. Add dried pasta to boiling water and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Once pasta is cooked al dente, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together. Slowly stir in milk. Bring to boil and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cheese and buffalo sauce to saucepan and stir until cheese is melted. Season cheese sauce with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked pasta and chicken to cheese sauce. Mix well to combine
- Pour pasta mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles if desired.
- In a small bowl, melt butter in microwave. Stir in bread crumbs until coated evenly.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over pasta. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 20-25 minutes.