If you love Buffalo Chicken, This Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad is for you! It combines buffalo chicken with fresh vegetables and is topped with a spicy buffalo ranch dressing.
Let me just start by saying this Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad is DELICIOUS! How can you go wrong with buffalo chicken served over a fresh salad?
I’ve mentioned before that we love our Friday night pizza nights. We also love having wings when we have pizza night at our house but sometimes I’m not in the mood to get my hands messy while eating wings or I feel like we need to have some fresh veggies while eating pizza.
So, I started making this buffalo chicken chopped salad. Now we can enjoy our family pizza nights with pizza, buffalo wings and a tasty salad.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad
First, start by cooking two boneless chicken breasts and mixing it with your favorite buffalo sauce.
Next, it’s time to chop up all your favorite veggies. Of course, you want to add lettuce but you can add all your favorite vegetables. I always add cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, avocado, and celery. I also like to add blue cheese to this salad because I LOVE blue cheese but this is optional.
Finally, grab a small mason jar or bowl. Add ranch dressing and buffalo sauce to the jar and mix with a spoon. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Add a few tablespoons of dressing to your salad.
Tips for Making the Best Chopped Salad
- A good chopped salad includes a lot of ingredients including crunchy vegetables, meat, cheese- pretty much anything you want.
- Use a chopper to chop your veggies.
- Chop lettuce and veggies into small pieces so you get a little bit of everything with every bite.
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl to make sure everything is mixed well.
- A chopped salad doesn’t need a recipe to follow. Just chop all your favorite ingredients into small pieces, mix, add your favorite dressing and serve. It’s that easy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this salad be prepared ahead of time?
Yes, this salad can definitely be prepared ahead of time. I would recommend waiting to add the avocado until ready to serve the salad. The dressing can also be made ahead of time. Just cover both and refrigerate until ready to serve.
What cheese can I use instead of blue cheese?
Not a fan of blue cheese? That’s an easy swap! Add cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack cheese instead. Feta cheese would also taste great in this recipe or omit the cheese all together.
How should I cook the chicken?
The chicken can be grilled, baked, or sauteed. It can even be prepared ahead of time in the slow cooker or instant pot. To make this salad even easier, use a rotisserie chicken.
Love Salads as much as I do? Then, you’ll love these recipes:Print
Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad
This Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad combines buffalo chicken with fresh vegetables and is topped with a spicy buffalo ranch dressing!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- In small bowl, add chicken and buffalo sauce. Mix together until chicken is coated with sauce.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, carrots, celery, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes and blue cheese. Toss together until well combined.
- Mix ranch dressing and buffalo sauce in a small bowl or jar. Serve dressing on the side.