If you love Buffalo Chicken, This Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad is for you! It combines buffalo chicken with fresh vegetables and is topped with a spicy buffalo ranch dressing.
Let me just start by saying this Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad is DELICIOUS! How can you go wrong with buffalo chicken served over a fresh salad?
I’ve mentioned before that we love our Friday night pizza nights. We also love eating wings when we have pizza night at our house but sometimes I’m not in the mood to get my hands messy while eating wings.
So, I started making this buffalo chicken chopped salad. Now we can enjoy our family pizza nights with pizza, buffalo wings and a tasty salad.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad
First, start by cooking 2 pounds of boneless chicken and mixing it with your favorite buffalo sauce.
Next, it’s time to chop up all your favorite veggies. Of course, you want to add lettuce but you can add all your favorite vegetables. I always add cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, avocado, and celery. I also like to add blue cheese to this salad because I LOVE blue cheese but this is optional.
Finally, mix ranch dressing with buffalo sauce and blue cheese and serve on the side.
Tips for making the best chopped salad
- A good chopped salad includes a lot of ingredients including crunchy vegetables, meat, cheese- pretty much anything you want.
- Use a chopper to chop your veggies.
- Chop lettuce and veggies into small pieces so you get a little bit of everything with every bite.
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl to make sure everything is mixed well.
- A chopped salad doesn’t need a recipe to follow. Just chop all your favorite ingredients into small pieces, mix, add your favorite dressing and serve. It’s that easy!
Love Salads as much as I do? Then, you’ll love these recipes:Print
Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad
This Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad combines buffalo chicken with fresh vegetables and is topped with a spicy buffalo ranch dressing!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- In small bowl, add chicken and buffalo sauce. Mix together until chicken is coated with sauce.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, carrots, celery, cucumber, avocado and tomatoes. Mix together. I usually put a lid on a my bowl and shake it up.
- Add salad to individual bowls. Top each salad with about a 1/2 cup of buffalo chicken and blue cheese crumbles. This doesn’t really have to be measured out. I love blue cheese so I add more to my salad than my husband puts on his.
- Mix ranch dressing and buffalo sauce in a small bowl or jar. Serve dressing on the side and add a few tablespoons of homemade spicy ranch dressing to each bowl of salad.