Black-Eyed Pea Dip, also known as Cowboy Caviar, is a fresh, simple dip that comes together in less than 15 minutes.
New Year’s Eve Appetizer
It’s time to add another important food to our New Year’s Day menu. Many people believe that eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day is thought to bring prosperity in the new year. Well, we can all certainly use more luck so I whipped together the perfect dip for New Year’s Day.
The great thing about this dip is you can serve it with chips or you can eat it as a salad. And to be honest – I love it both ways. It’s a healthy salad and the perfect dip. I’ll be serving this while we relax and watch football on New Year’s Day and I might even make more to have for lunch throughout the week.
What is Black-Eyed Pea Dip?
Black-Eyed Pea Dip is a delicious appetizer packed full of fresh veggies. All the ingredients are chopped and diced so the dip resembles pico or salsa which means it tastes great with tortilla chips. I always include black eyed peas, black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, and green chilies.
This is the perfect party recipe because you can make it ahead of time and your guests can eat it as a dip or a salad. I actually think it tastes better when prepared ahead of time because it brings out all the zesty flavors.
How to Make Black-Eyed Pea Dip
Want to know how easy this recipe is to make? Just rinse, chop, and add everything to a large bowl. Then, mix and refrigerate. That’s all it takes to create this delicious party appetizer.
I’m not sure it can get any easier than this!
If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer to serve at your New Year’s Eve party, I highly recommend this delicious dip. And, if you’re looking for more delicious recipes for your New Year’s Eve party? I think you’ll love these:
- New Year’s Hot Bean and Cheese Dip
- New Year’s Eve Berry Champagne Punch
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Warm and Cheesy Bacon Ranch Dip
Black-Eyed Pea Dip
Many people believe that eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day is thought to bring prosperity in the new year. Well, we can all certainly use more luck so I whipped together the perfect New Year’s Day appetizer.
- 1 can (15 ounce) black-eyed peas
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 3/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Rinse and drain black-eyed peas, black beans, and corn.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.