This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This is our last minute Valentine’s Day gift for Connor to take to preschool tomorrow. Luckily we only had to make a few.
I actually got one of these as a Christmas gift from one of my students and decided to make them as Valentine’s Day gifts.
The best part was Connor enjoyed helping me make them and couldn’t wait to pop his own!
- Paper towel rolls and/or toilet paper rolls
- Tissue Paper
- Candy or small objects to put inside (I used a combination of stickers, candy and small toys from the dollar store).
- I started by cutting a slit in the middle of each roll so it would be easier to twist open.
- Then I cut the tissue paper so it was about 3 inches longer on each side of the roll.
- Tape the tissue paper to the roll and roll so that the tissue paper covers the entire roll. I actually rolled it twice but I don’t think it is necessary.
- I covered each roll with a layer of red tissue paper and then a layer of hearts tissue paper.
- Tie one end of the roll using the ribbon.
- Place candy/prizes inside the tube.
- Then, tie other end with ribbon and use scissors to curl ribbon.