I love any recipe that includes spinach and tortellini. Throw in a little smoked turkey sausage and you can’t go wrong. My neighbor makes this all the time and always brings me a small container to take for lunch so I finally decided to make it. And let me tell you – it was delicious!!
Turkey Sausage and Spinach with Tortellini
- 1 15 ounce bag of tortellini
- 1 block of Land-O-Lakes Garlic and Herb Saute butter or 1/3 stick of butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) of Smoked Turkey Sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 package of Pepper Stir Fry Frozen Vegetables or 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, and 1 onion – cut into strips
- 6 cups of spinach or 1 package of frozen spinach
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1. Cook tortellini according to the package directsion. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile in large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add peppers, onion and spinach. Cook until peppers become tender (about 4 minutes).
- 4. Add the pasta and stir to combine.
- 5. Season with cajun seasoning, then serve.
You know I only share quick and easy recipes so when I say this was easy and delicious, I truly mean it!
This would be a perfect lunch for my daughter and I (I homeschool her). My husband is not a fan of tortellini, but my daughter and I love tortellini. I have four packages of different kinds of frozen ones I found at Sprouts Farmers Market. This would be perfect for us. Thanks for the great recipe!!
Cher @ Designs by Studio C says
What a fabulous recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!
Kelly Hedgespeth of Simply Kelly Designs says
This looks delicious! I think it will be a big hit at our house. Pinned and will try it next week.