This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Create the cutest Personalized Candy Cane Ornaments this holiday season with this festive and fun tutorial.
If you love making DIY Christmas ornaments for your Christmas tree, you’re going to love these Personalized Candy Cane Ornaments.
These festive ornaments are easy to make and perfect for kids of all ages. And if you love making homemade Christmas ornaments, I think you’ll love these unicorn ornaments, melted crayon ornaments, and buffalo check ornaments.
Why You’ll Love these Festive Candy Cane Ornaments
- Easy Craft Project – We all love easy craft projects!
- Inexpensive – The materials needed for these unique ornaments are inexpensive and easy to find at any craft store.
- Educational – Helps kids with fine motor skills, spelling and other skills.
- So Much Fun! – Both kids and adults will love this craft project.
Supplies Needed to Make Candy Cane Ornaments
- Red pipe cleaners – white pipe cleaners will work too
- Pony beads – white beads and red beads
- Alphabet Beads – I used the circle ones
- Scissors – to cute the pipe cleaners
How to Make Beaded Candy Cane Ornaments
- First, find the letter beads you need to spell out the names for your candy cane ornaments and put them to the side.
- Take a pipe cleaner and roll one end until the pipe cleaner is thicker than the opening of the beads you are using.
- Add two red beads, one white bead and then a letter bead to the pipe cleaner. Then repeat the pattern.
- Once you’ve added all the beads and letters, cut the pipe cleaner leaving about 1/2 inch and roll the end towards the beads.
- Next, bend pipe cleaner to look like a candy cane.
Fun Ways to Use This Tutorial
- Make these ornaments at home with your children. Both younger kids and older kids will love making these ornaments.
- Use this Christmas tutorial with your students to create ornaments to for a fun classroom craft.
- Add a personalized candy cane ornament to a gift as a gift tag. No need to use gift tags with these cute candy canes.
- Create a DIY holiday craft kit with just the materials for a youth group or church craft.
- Use color beads to make a colorful candy cane ornament.