This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Satisfy your comfort food cravings with this delicious One Pot Baked Ziti. This recipe is full of flavor and sure to be a family favorite!
You know I’m all about quick and easy recipes. That’s why I love a delicious one pot meal.
Today I’m sharing a One Pot Baked Ziti that I know you’ll love. Not only is it easy to make but it comes together in less than 30 minutes. It’s hard to resist a bowl of cheesy baked ziti and this recipe is perfect for busy work nights.
To think that everything in this dish gets cooked right in the pan including the pasta is dreamy. It’s almost like a dump and bake meal. Hardly any prep work required, dump the ingredients in the pan and only one pan to clean – Doesn’t that sound amazing?!
All you have to do is cook up some sausage in your pan, add pasta sauce, water, noodles, and spinach and let it all cook for about 20 minutes. How easy is that? Top it off with fresh mozzarella cheese and you’ve just made a delicious and easy One Pan Baked Ziti.
One Pot Baked Ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 teaspoon minced garlic)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups water
- 3–4 cups fresh spinach
- 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Garnish with fresh basil
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in marinara sauce, oregano, and basil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add water and dry pasta to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to a low boil, cover, and cook until pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach and Parmesan cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until spinach has wilted.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pasta and cover until cheese has melted.