This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. As always, I only share products that I use myself and truly recommend!
Ring in the new year with this free New Year Same Hot Mess SVG Cut File.
It might be a new year but I’ll be the first to admit that I’m still a hot mess! I tell myself that I’m going to get my act together every year but the struggle is real. So, this year I’m just going to embrace my hot mess with a fun new workout shirt.
Use this free SVG Cut file to make t-shirts, mugs, wine glasses and more! I definitely need a wine tumbler decorated with this cut file. Make them for all your besties so they know they aren’t the only hot mess in town.
Supplies Needed to Make A New Year Same Hot Mess T-shirt
- Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker
- Blank T-shirt or Tank
- Iron-on Vinyl
- EasyPress or Iron
- StandardGrip Mat
- New Year Same Hot Mess SVG Cut File
- Cricut Weeder and Scissors
Step 1: Upload the free cut file into Cricut Design Space and size the images to fit the shirt that you’re using. Make sure to mirror your image before cutting.
Step 2: Add iron-on vinyl to cutting mat – shiny side down, select iron-on vinyl on your Cricut, load the mat, and let your handy dandy work it’s magic.
Step 3: Once the vinyl is cut, use the weeding tool to remove extra vinyl around image.
Step 4: Place image on shirt and use your EasyPress or iron to transfer image.
TIPS FOR USING HTV
- Make sure to adjust your machine settings to Iron-on. Your machine should not cut completely through the carrier sheet. You want the mage cut through the vinyl but not the sheet it’s on.
- Make sure you mirror your image. Don’t worry – I still forget sometimes too.
- Check to see if the Iron-on vinyl that you are using is warm peel or cool peel. This is very important when using Heat Transfer Vinyl.
- If you see that the HTV isn’t set completely, just place the liner back over the image and apply more heat.
- Wait 24 hours to wash any fabric that you’ve applied iron-on to. To wash, turn garment inside out and if you need to iron the base material, make sure it is inside out or flipped over. Do not iron over vinyl that has been applied to fabric.
All cut files included in this free SVG collection are for personal use only. Make as many personal projects as you wish using our digital items. Create shirts, home decor, mugs, DIY projects, etc. for yourself and as gifts as often as you like.
If you make and sell handcrafted items using digital files downloaded for free from Kara Creates, you will need to obtain a commercial use license. A commercial license allows you to create items for your small business with my designs for commercial purposes. Digital cut files and printables cannot be altered or modified and then resold as any other digital products. Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. In order to share, use the direct URL to this page.
New Year Same Hot Mess SVG Cut File
To download this freebie, just add your name and email in the form below and this FREE cut file will be delivered right to your inbox. Then, open your email and save the SVG file to your computer. It’s that easy!