This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you love s’mores, you will love these Mini S’mores Pies. An easy dessert that screams summer in every bite!
Are you looking for the perfect summer dessert? Well, no need to look anymore because these Mini S’mores Pies will be a new family favorite. And, guess what? No fire required which means you can enjoy these mini pies all year long.
A golden graham crackers crust, Chocolate, marshmallow fluff that is melted and gooey. The best part is definitely the gooey marshmallows on top that melt in your mouth.
Grab that fork and dive into this twist on that traditional s’mores treat. The buttery graham cracker crust helps balance out the sweetness from the chopped chocolate and melted marshmallows.
Why You’ll Love these Mini S’mores Pies
- Bite sized – Perfect size for one or for a crowd.
- Easy to find ingredients – Mini pie crusts can be purchased at the store so it already has perfectly pressed graham cracker crumbs in the pan.
- 4 simple ingredients – Easiest dessert to assemble and bake. Even kids love helping make up their pie.
- Customizable – Add your favorite s’more candy to the mini pies.
- Perfect for every occasion – A sweet treat you can make all year round.
- Different ways to prepare – Make it in the oven, air fryer, or even on a campfire.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Mini S’mores Pies
- Mini graham cracker crusts – You can buy these in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
- Marshmallow Fluff – You will use marshmallow fluff to create that super creamy texture for the pie.
- Chocolate – Dark chocolate chips are what I used for this recipe. Now you can use milk chocolate if you want a milder chocolate flavor.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy whipping cream is going to be used to create that velvety smooth texture for the chocolate ganache filling on this mini smores pies recipe. Hershey’s chocolate is optional for topping.
How to Make the Best Mini S’mores Pies
Full steps on how to make this mini s’mores pie are featured in the recipe card. This is a quick walk-through of how they are made.
- Place pie shells on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Then in a bowl add your finely chopped chocolate.
- Add in the heavy cream and heat over medium heat stirring often to allow the chocolate to melt. You want the melty chocolate to cook till fully melted. Then let it sit for 5 minutes, before whisking into ganache.
- Divide ganache into pie crusts, and then refrigerate.
- Top with marshmallow fluffy, and toast with a torch. Add a slice of Hershey’s bar if you want.
- Serve and enjoy.
Variations To This Recipe
- Use a chocolate pudding instead of making a homemade chocolate ganache for the creamy chocolate filling.
- Make homemade graham cracker pie crust and press it into muffin tins or in single-serve pie shells.
- Use mini marshmallows or jumbo marshmallows in replace of marshmallow fluffy. Then use a torch to create toasty marshmallows on top still. The marshmallow creme is creamier in texture but regular marshmallows work.
- Add fresh fruit like sliced strawberries, blueberries, etc.
- Top with diced candy bars for added sweetness.
- Add Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups to the center before adding marshmallow fluff.
- Sprinkle fine crumbs over the top of the pies for added crunch factor.
- I love milk chocolate in my s’mores but you are welcome to use any of your favorite chocolate bars
Storing Leftover Pies
If you happen to not eat all your pies, they will store in a single row in the fridge in a sealed container. The pies will last 2-3 days in the ridge. Then you will want to eat them chilled or let them warm up a bit on the counter. You will find reheating will affect the chocolate filling, and isn’t recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make mini s’mores pies ahead of time? You can make the pie filling and add to the crust and top it with a marshmallow fluff mixture. Then wait to toast the top of your pie until you are ready to serve it up. That way you have that golden hot marshmallow topping.
- Would this be a good treat for a camping trip? Yes, you could easily make these on a camping trip. You could pre-make the pies with chocolate and store them in a cooler. Then toast marshmallows on an open fire, and then top the pies with the toasted marshmallow instead of the marshmallow fluffy topper. Then dive in.
- Can I use regular pie crust instead of graham cracker pie crust? Yep! Just bake the pie shell as directed on the package. Then allow the shell to cool fully before adding the filling.
- Do I have to toast the marshmallow fluff? The marshmallow fluff doesn’t have to be toasted, but it is what gives it its signature s’mores flavor. DO NOT try to toast until the broiler because it will impact the ganache filling.
More Delicious S’mores Desserts
Mini S’mores Pies
- 6 mini graham cracker crusts
- 6 ounces dark baking chocolate
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 6 Hershey bar pieces, optional topping
- Arrange the pies on a small baking sheet or large flat plate for each moving.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a medium bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream over medium heat just until the edges begin to simmer, then pour over the top of the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes before whisking into ganache.
- Divide the ganache between the pie crusts and transfer to the refrigerator to set for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and top with about ¼ cup of marshmallow fluff each and toast with a kitchen torch.
- Top with a Hershey’s bar if desired and enjoy!
- The marshmallow fluff doesn’t HAVE to be toasted, but it is what gives it its signature s’mores flavor.
- Mini marshmallows could also be used.
- DO NOT try to toast until the broiler because it will impact the ganache filling.
- Store pies without fluff or marshmallows for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Add fluff the same day you serve.