This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
School is starting and it’s time for those back-to-school photos. Use these free First Day of School Signs to take pictures of your child as they begin the new school year.
Are you ready for your kids to head back to school? I’m making it a little easier to prepare for the 2023-2024 school year with these free first Day of School Signs. These printable first day of school signs are the perfect way to document your child’s first day of school and a great way to create school photo signs.
Whether they’re starting kindergarten or starting their first day of high school, these printable signs are perfect for kids of all ages. Just download and print and you’re ready for your first day of school pictures.
Free Printable First Day of School Signs
I actually made these First Day of School Chalkboard Signs last year for few friends and finally decided to share them here. I’ve created a sign for your child’s first day of preschool, kindergarten, middle school, high school and 1st grade through 12th grade. If you need another version, please feel free to email me. These will be updated every year to include the current school year dates.
These printables are so much fun and a great photo prop for the start of the school year and an easy way to create a special keepsake for the school year.
What’s Included in this Collection of First-Day-of-School Signs
- Watch Out Preschool Here I Come?
- Watch Out Kindergarten Here I Come!
- Watch Out Middle School Here I Come!
- Watch Out First Grade Here I Come! (1st Grade)
- Watch Out Second Grade Here I Come! (2nd Grade)
- Watch Out Third Grade Here I Come! (3rd Grade)
- Watch Out Fourth Grade Here I Come! (4th Grade)
- Watch Out Fifth Grade Here I Come! (5th Grade)
- Watch Out Sixth Grade Here I Come! (6th Grade)
- Watch Out Seventh Grade Here I Come! (7th Grade)
- Watch Out 8th Grade Here I Come! (8th Grade)
- Watch Out Ninth Grade Here I Come! (9th Grade)
- Watch Out Tenth Grade Here I Come! (10th Grade)
- Watch Out Eleventh Grade Here I Come! (11th Grade)
- Watch Out Twelfth Grade Here I Come! (12th Grade)
This collection of free printables includes 17 pages of Back to School Signs and includes different options. We have a chalkboard sign set with a chalkboard background and a set with a white background. I included the white background version for those of you who want a more simple design. The white version also requires less ink if you’re printing from home.
How to Print First Day of School Free Printable Signs
After downloading this free first day of school sign collection and saving the printable PDF files to your computer, it’s time to print them. Here are five tips you can use to help your printouts look their best.
- Invest in a good home printer – I have an Epson Expression Wireless Color Printer that I currently use to print my printables and I’m very happy with it.
- Choose the right paper – For best results, we recommend printing this game on white cardstock. When I’ve tried to print on regular paper I found that the ink causes the paper to wrinkle a little especially if the printable requires a lot of ink. Card stock is thicker paper that is better for printables that you want to use over and over again like this printable game.
- Use a paper trimmer – I recommend using a paper trimmer if you are cutting out cards, game pieces, gift tags, and other smaller printables. It makes it so much easier to cut everything straight.
- Use a professional printing service – I also recommend using a professional printing service to get the best quality. I go to Office Depot or Staples a lot to print my printables. I’ve also used Shutterfly and Walgreens to print large printables. Most printables use a lot of ink so it may even save you money to get them professionally printed.
- Laminate them – Laminating printables will help them last longer especially if it’s something you want to use over and over again. I’m a little obsessed with laminating things and thanks to my handy dandy laminator, I can laminate anything right at home. You’ll also need laminating sheets.
How to Download this First Day of School Sign Collection
I’ve made it so easy for you to download this awesome First Day of School Sign Collection. Just add your name and email in the form below and this freebie will be delivered right to your inbox. Then, open your email and save the PDF file to your computer. It’s that easy! Once the PDF is saved to your computer, just print and your child is ready for their first day of school photo shoot.
How to Use these Free Printable First Day Signs
- Take first day of school photos and create new family tradition.
- Add to a picture frame or clipboard and create a cute sign for the first day of school.
- Teachers, use this free download with your students and take pictures of them on the first day of school to decorate your classroom.
- Document important milestones with an adorable sign to add to your photo album.
Personal Use Only
This free printable is for personal use only. When you download a freebie on this website, it is licensed for personal use. Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. In order to share, use the direct URL to this page.