This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EverydayEckrich #CollectiveBias
Creamy Smoked Sausage, Tomato, and Tortellini Soup – a delicious and comforting soup loaded with smoked sausage, spinach, tomatoes, and tortellini. This creamy soup is sure to become a family favorite!
The weather’s getting cooler and it’s the perfect time of year for a warm bowl of soup. There’s nothing better than a comforting bowl of soup on a cool day especially when it’s as easy and delicious as this Creamy Smoked Sausage, Tomato, and Tortellini Soup. Smoked Sausage, spinach, tomatoes, and tortellini all come together to make this creamy soup hearty and filling. I love a great soup recipe and this one definitely hit the spot!
The best part is it takes less than 30 minutes to make. You all know this is my kind of recipe. Everything is cooked in one large pot making it a fool proof recipe. I’m all about sharing recipes that are easy so you should know by now that if I share a recipe here on HGL than it’s delicious and simple. And, since everything is cooked in one pot, clean up is a breeze leaving us more time to spend family time together after dinner. I told you this dinner is a real winner:)
Just look at all that yummy goodness!
I also like that this recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. All you need is Eckrich Smoked Sausage, fresh veggies, tortellini and few other items that you probably have in your pantry. Using Eckrich Original Natural Casing Smoked Sausage is the key to this creamy soup recipe. Not only is Eckrich naturally hardwood smoked for the true smokehouse taste, but the flavor and versatility of Eckrich Smoked Sausage enables busy moms and dads to prepare a wide variety of delicious and satisfying meals with confidence in no time.
I enjoy cooking but I prefer recipes that take less than 30 minutes to make. Week nights are crazy and chaotic. It seems like we have something going on every night of the week so I’m always looking for meals that I can make quickly. Thankfully I can count on Eckrich products. They take the stress out of meal time prep which means I can get dinner on the table faster and we can enjoy dinner together at the table without having to rush out the door.
Eckrich Smoked Sausage is available in a wide variety of flavors in both rope and link format that can provide a fun way to add flair or a twist to any dish. I picked mine up while shopping at Farm Fresh over the weekend but I’ve also seen it at my local Walmart, Food Lion, and Kroger. Make sure you pick up Eckrich Smoked Sausage and everything else needed to make this delicious soup because you’re definitely going to want to try this recipe.
Creamy Smoked Sausage, Tomato, and Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package Eckrich Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, slices
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen tortellini
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to dutch oven and coat bottom evenly. Heat over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to saute.
- Add sliced smoked sausage and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Slowly add in zucchini, squash, and tortellini. Cook until tortellini is tender.
- Turn heat to low and stir in spinach. Let cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in cream, Parmesan cheese and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm. Garnish with additional basil and Parmesan cheese for topping.